PDA

View Full Version : Professional CBT programme free for 30 days

robinhall
09-10-11, 10:10
Hi Everyone

My name is Robin Hall - I am a Cognitive Therapist and co-author of the programme that is recommended here on nomorepanic called CBT4PANIC.

Read this sticky http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91696 for more information

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have made some changes to the availability of the programme.

I realise that many of you are understandably wary about online 'anxiety' programmes - so I decided to make the complete programme free for 30 days.

This is a professional programme (not a 'product') and many of the members of nomorepanic have had great success with it.

I had panic disorder myself for many years and fully recovered using the techniques outlined in CBT4PANIC. I know exactly what you are going through but more than that I know what can help.

If any of you are curious about CBT I hope you will have a look at CBT4PANIC.

Many thanks
Robin

allergyphobia
10-10-11, 17:26
bump!

robinhall
11-10-11, 21:59
Hi Everyone
Hope you all don't mind me again pointing out the changes to the CBT programme.

It's a full professional CBT programme - ebooks, 7 hours of therapist video, audios and full professional email support free for 30 days.

Lots of people here on nomorepanic have had fantastic results using the programme.

Cheers
Robin

diane07
11-10-11, 22:03
Yes and one of them is meeeeeeeeee :D

Thank you robin :hugs:

I can't believe how well i'm doing working with the public again :yahoo:

robinhall
11-10-11, 22:38
Hi Diane

Great to hear from you

Living proof that there is a way through the darkness of panic

And you followed the programme very carefully which was so important

You are really doing fantastically well

Congratulations :yesyes:

Robin

robinhall
13-10-11, 10:05
Hi Everyone

If anyone is interested in CBT4PANIC but are still unsure - have a read at the following thread

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=102586

There is a great review about the programme from Mr Jitters who just got the programme 4 days ago and is already having great success.

I understand your caution but honestly, this programme is for real. I would love for a group of people here to try it out and then they could start to help one another through it.

Cheers
Robin

Veronica H
05-02-12, 14:35
:yesyes:I have recently purchased the CBT4PANIC programme and would like to recommend it to anyone who has panic/anxiety. As a fellow 'sufferer' in the past (sorry for the use of such a negative word Robin....see I am trying to change the way I think) Robin not only 'gets it' but has applied his professional skills and personal experience to create a really user friendly way back to recovery.
I spent a good 45 minutes in the dentist's chair this week, which gave me enough time to practice challenging my thoughts and feelings as they came to the surface using Robin's methods. I was amazed at how quickly I was able to apply the advice and how effective this was.
I have tried other CBT programmes in the past, but have found them time consuming and too demanding, given that my concentration is not what it was due to 'anxious contemplation' (as a result my attempts to change the way I think have been a bit hit and miss). Robin of course knows this and so all advice is given in a concise way. A handy pocket booklet is given in addition to all of the materials which acts as a quick reminder and is especially useful.
Thanks to Robin and Caroline(fellow co-author and therapist) hugs everyone. This can and will get better.:bighug1:xV

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

:smile:Forgot to add that this programme is very reasonably priced when compared to others around , plus payment can be made in installments. NMP receives a donation from the programme if you order from the page that Nicola has set up.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...ight=CBT4PANIC (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91696&highlight=CBT4PANIC)

Vx

babycakes979
08-02-12, 17:27
hi have just got the programme and i cant download any ebooks as it says applicationg not found when i go to open it ????

cathycrumble
08-02-12, 17:37
Yes and one of them is meeeeeeeeee :D

Thank you robin :hugs:

I can't believe how well i'm doing working with the public again :yahoo:

Diane did it help you overcome your fear of having your blood pressure taken as that is my big fear.

And I remember you saying you had this so called white coat syndrome. the only problem I have is i have it on my mind most of the time. I am waiting for CBT on the NHS which I should be getting in the next month. Any advice from yourself would be very helpfull to me I just need to know how to control my fear I do have claire weeks books and i know you are supose to let yourself go limp and dont fight but it is easier said than done. I would rather sit in a dentist chair that have my bp taken because they can measure your anxiety which in turn makes your BP go up. in the dentist's chaire you can shake all you want but it isnt being checked lol I am making light of this but it is not funny for me:ohmy:

Cathy xx

nomorepanic
08-02-12, 17:39
hi have just got the programme and i cant download any ebooks as it says applicationg not found when i go to open it ????

Hi there

send a PM to robin hall on here and I am sure he will help as soon as he can

thebe
09-02-12, 09:28
ive just signed up for this, is i all online or do i expect something to arrive through the post also?
T

robinhall
09-02-12, 09:58
Hi
Good luck with the programme

You will receive a great little 64 page 'emergency' booklet and the entire programme on a DVD ROM as well in a day or two

Cheers :)
Robin

thebe
09-02-12, 10:01
thankyou look forward to it
t x

robinhall
05-06-12, 08:55
Hi Thebe

Just wondered how you are getting on and did you receive the booklet ok.

If anyone hasn't received it or if they were asked to pay any part of the postage i apologize - I used new covers for the DVDs and I hadn't realised that they had put the weight over into the next bracket.

So if anyone has had any problems or hasn't received their booklet please let me know.

Robin

robinhall
22-06-12, 11:08
Hi
Just wanted to keep this thread alive for the sake of any new members who might not be aware of the programme.

If any of you that have tried the programme would like to share your experiences that would be great.

Cheers
Robin

Elle-Kay
22-06-12, 15:40
I'd been putting this off, as I was (am?) worried that CBT may not work for me as it has for others, but today when I saw your 'bump' post Robin I thought "what the heck - I've dyed my hair and eaten a meal out this week, so I'm going to sign up!". So, I have! :)

PanchoGoz
22-06-12, 15:41
:yesyes:

potato11
23-06-12, 12:24
Fantastic programme, I would and do recommend it x 1000 (see signature for proof!)

There is honestly nothing to lose by trying this programme, but everything to gain.

The explanations make so much sense, and are very clear. I found the 'emergency booklet' for when you are out and about very helpful also.

Robin is brilliant - very genuine, supportive and incredibly helpful. A true NMP hero!!

Thanks to CBT4PANIC and Robin's help, I come on this forum to help others now, far more than I come for support :)

robinhall
29-07-12, 17:57
Hi Potato11
Thanks for the kind words and I am just glad that you are doing so well

It makes it all worthwhile. I know it's hard for others here to trust an online programme but hopefully more people on nmp can share their experiences with CBT4PANIC which will help others take the plunge.

:)

Donny
31-07-12, 16:37
This really does work.

Try it...

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

bump

robinhall
12-08-12, 21:59
Hi Donny

Thanks for the thumbs up and glad to hear that the programme worked for you. :)

Robin

Donny
13-08-12, 18:20
bump

robinhall
06-09-12, 19:42
Hi Donny
Thanks for the bump

Can I ask how long after trying the programme did you feel it starting to work for you?

Have you been able to work your way through the main 3 workbooks and the videos? I'm curious about how people are using CBT4PANIC

Robin

PanchoGoz
06-09-12, 19:45
I reckon it takes time to sink in...I found it worked straight away, but getting into the habbit of stopping those negetive thoughts before they start and totally understanding it all has taken me a good few months. I don't keep going back to it now, it's all there in my head. Yeah 6 months on and its part of me now.

robinhall
24-09-12, 11:15
Hi Pancho
Thanks for the feedback - it really does help - I few more people are trying the programme and reporting success. I'm glad it worked so quickly for you and the fact that you don't have to keep going back tyo it means you must have studied it very carefully and put the work in. You will give a lot of hope to others that Panic Disorder is very treatable.

I know you come back to the forum now mostly to give support to others which is really great :)

robinhall
14-10-12, 23:03
I hope people don't mind me 'bumping' this thread in case any newcomers to the site don't know about the programme.

If you do a search for 'CBT4PANIC' on the forum you will see how much it is helping people.

Many thanks
Robin

AuntieMoosie
15-10-12, 23:10
Hello Robin and all:)

I seriously highly recommend anyone trying this programme. Seeing a CBT therapist a few years ago just didn't work for me but working with this programme is making me progress:)

I think I like it particularly because I can work on it from home and I can work at my own pace, without any pressure.

I just studied and studied it, just kept reading and taking in the information till it clicked and started making sense, then I built up a little confidence and started going out and putting in into practice. I have been agoraphobic and completely housebound since 2004 so this was a massive step for me to take.

I've had a few bumps along the way, which I would think is normal, but I've managed, so far, to keep going with it.

Robin thank you so much for putting together this programme, I really can't overestimate how much it has helped me, I'm learning slowly to think differently and that is, for me, most important.

I find the programme is easy to follow, is pleasant to study, even making me smile and laugh at times when I realise how much of "me" I can see in the programme.

Financially I think it's the best thing I've ever invested in, worth every penny in my opinion. It's very affordable and with several easy payment plans, which I would think would fit most peoples budgets.

I highly recommend anyone who suffers from any sort of anxiety/panic to give it a try.

CBT4PANIC is doing it for me and it can do it for you:yesyes::bighug1:

MissHDynamite
15-10-12, 23:14
Glad you said that Auntie.. I have purchased it today :) x

nomorepanic
15-10-12, 23:21
Thank You to everyone that has used the NMP link to purchase it as well as this benefits NMP directly and helps pay for the website. Thanks to Robin for this as well.

xiand2
16-10-12, 17:25
Robin,

On your webpage you claim that one can be cured in a very short time. What is a "very short time"?

Elle-Kay
16-10-12, 18:00
I'm sure Robin will answer this himself as soon as he's next online, but as a user of the CBT4Panic programme I don't think it's inappropriate for me to suggest that the answer (in my opinion) is: it depends how much work you're prepared to put in. If you gloss over the workbooks (not suggesting you would) and/or put it into practice only one day a week, or more occasionally, your progress is likely to be slower than someone who really takes time & effort to absorb the workbooks, really owns their recovery, and practices what they have learned every day.

I'm in the middle. With Robin's guidance I've been tackling my practical learning in a slightly different way - one that works for my life - rather than following the workbooks verbatim. After 3-4 weeks of this I'm feeling much better, more positive, and more equipped to carry on being in control of my recovery.

robinhall
16-10-12, 20:16
Hi x1and2

Elle-Kay is right - a lot depends on how much work you put in but equally a lot depends on how long you have had Panic Disorder

Face to face I have helped people become free from panic attacks within as little as 3 or 4 sessions - that's 1 hour a week for 3 or 4 weeks.

Usually this is with people who have only had one or two severe panic attacks and sought treatment fairly quickly and again they did their 'homework'.

If someone has had panic for many years it can take longer because the fear of the attacks is more entrenched and there may be many situations that the person is avoiding which need to be dealt with.

Sorry I can't be more exact but the main reason I speak so confidently about Panic Disorder in particular is that it IS one of the more easier to treat disorders because even though people first get panic attacks for a wide variety of reasons, the process that keeps the panic recurring is the SAME for everyone - which means it IS possible to help people with a very structured treatment plan.

Can I add that I have also been very pleasantly surprised by just how quickly the programme has worked for many people here on the forum so maybe if they read this they might want to add their feedback.

I hope this helps

PanchoGoz
16-10-12, 20:19
As the saying goes xiand2, "A watched pot never boils", you have to focus on the treatment, not the timescale.

xiand2
16-10-12, 20:33
I don't have the luxury of time to spend months getting over panic disorder. This is why I bought the programme.

robinhall
16-10-12, 20:47
Hi x1and2
I absolutely understand your frustration and I'm sure all the people here on the forums who are so courageously trying to cope with panic attacks can sympathise as well.

It is so logical to want all the anxiety to go away - today.. it makes sense to want that

But panic is a kind of paradox - the more we want it to go away the more anxiety we are creating at a very subtle level which triggers our fight or flight response which leads to more sensations and more anxiety.

I know it sounds easy for me to say that - and it's not so easy to hear but nevertheless it is a very important point and one that often is the reason that some people get stuck in the fear cycles longer.

Part of the advice in the programme is to 'let time pass' (as Dr Weekes says) and to try to not put a deadline on recovery

so what I am suggesting is that if you see your very very understandable frustration as possibly one of the things that is inadvertantly slowing your recovery then maybe if you have a closer look at that and work with it then paradoxically you might be able to speed up your recovery (by not desperately wanting it to be speeded up) I know it sounds like a conundrum but it is a very common stuck point for many people.

Please feel free to PM me and maybe we can look at how your study and practice is going and I may be able to help.

Robin

robinhall
29-11-12, 16:17
Just 'bumping' this thread for any newcomers who may not have heard about CBT4PANIC.

And thank you to everyone who have been recommending the programme due to their own positive experiences.

Robin