PDA

View Full Version : Feeling strange... Hard to explain

kellynwv
20-05-06, 23:54
I have been doing great until last night. I felt awful. I am trying to think of away to explain it. Kind of like I had the flu, shakes, chills, doom feeling. Nothing helped it and I have had it all day today. Maybe something is really wrong?

Thanks.

eeyorelover
21-05-06, 00:08
Sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly. I have had the shakey feeling and the doom feeling is always something that comes with my anxiety. Have you changed anything in your diet such as caffiene intake or had a long nite on the town ? Sometimes that can trigger my anxiety.
Hope you get to feeling better soon :)

clickaway
21-05-06, 00:19
To me, the flu and shakes could signify stress. And stress could relate to worrying about how you are, rather than working too hard.

I get a lot of muscle spasm and shakes, and a recent symptom has been an irritating cough no doubt tied up with a tightened throat. Hardly a cold, but seems like anxiety to me.

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

kellynwv
21-05-06, 01:50
Thanks for the replies. I gave up all stimulants months ago and have not had any.

jackie
21-05-06, 08:47
sounds like flu although i have felt fluey soo many times with this anxiety so im sure it is nothing worse than that.

my friend who has anxiety wakes up as if she has the flu almost every day

nothing to worry about im sure of it

jackie

Daisybun
21-05-06, 23:02
Sounds like anxiety to me too, although you could take some cold meds like Lemsip just in case it is a cold.

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

MrMonkey
22-05-06, 01:08
a lot of the times when you are anxious and think you have something, your body then takes that on board and adots the symptoms. I have often felt a little off and then thought :oh no! maybe I'm getting ill!" and then I start to notice the shivers and weakness etc and it makes me feel I am ill.

Trouble is it can be hard to tell exactly what is wrong, but looking after yourself, having more vitamin C and the like can't hurt, but if it sounds like a general stress overload to me. You need to relaly focus on relaxing for a day. Have a bath, take a walk, sometimes we just have to be reminded that our lives don't depend on every little thing we do at home or at work, we just sometimes think it does.

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

shiv
22-05-06, 10:30
Hi there,

does just sound like anxiety to me. I get 'weird' feelings that I can't even begin to describe. And that feeling of doom is very common, but horrible nonetheless.

Anyway I'm sorry you're feeling down but it WILL get better.

Shiv x

Attsila
22-05-06, 13:01
Sounds to me like anxiety. I have been getting like that too especially after I have had a long strtch without an attack. I think in my case it occurs because I think about how long it as been since I have had an attack and I put it in my own mind. I then find it hard to sleep. I jerk awake. Then I get the shakes really bad. I then get dizzy and get the feeling that something is really wrong. Sometimes it goes away in a few minutes other times it has stayed with me all night and by morning I am feeling like I am gonna have to check into a psych ward. It will pass though I promise. I hope you feel better.

worrying is alot Like a Rocking Chair It is something todo but it won't get you anywhere

kellynwv
22-05-06, 14:57
Thanks for the comments.

I had been feeling great for a while, and then I felt these new sypmtoms. I guess that makes sense though, it was in the back of my head wondering where the anxiety was since it had not come out in so long.

I did go to dinner and a movie last night, and felt fine. Once I got home though I had that dreadful feeling again. I can't stop worrying I will feel that way again, and then I end up feeling that way.

I hope this makes sense.

Attsila
23-05-06, 14:15
Makes complete sense trust me. You will get past it though. It is good that you are still getting out. That is one way to beat it. I was a recluse last week and that only made it worse and harder to get back into the swing of things this week. My brother came to visit me and brought me lots of chamomile tea (it helps) and he brought me a journal to write in and some books to read. He sais that whenever I feel anxious and restless, if I can't concentrate on anything else, to get up and start reading and writing in my journal about how I feel....It has helped immensely. I am not healed as part of dealing with anxiety is accepting it will always be there, but it has become more managable. I have goos days and bad days and right now I think like you the evenings are hardest to deal with, but even last night I got about 4 1/2 hours of sleep. that isn't where I need to be but it is better then the 2 I got the night before and the big fat zero I got before that [^]
It will get better though I promise.

worrying is alot Like a Rocking Chair It is something todo but it won't get you anywhere

kellynwv
23-05-06, 14:31
Thanks for understanding Attsila, and everyone.

I am feeling better. I have to work and I think it actually helps me. I am ok at work most of the time.

I think I will try writing in a journal. It seems like when my mind starts racing, nothing I do stops it and I get sicker. I hope the jouranl helps.

My doctor has started me on deep breathing, but if I am too nervous it does not help either, I just get more upset.