PDA

View Full Version : anxiety after eating

12ema
09-10-11, 14:34
Just wondering if anyone else gets really anxious after eating..as if its an adrenaline rush . After eating my dinner and especially if i eat something sweet ..now my hearts pounding ..feeling shakey hot and feeling sick.Feels like i need to run to burn all this energy off. This does seem to happen quite abit after i have ate.

Mr.Jitters
09-10-11, 14:37
Hey 12ema,

I often feel like this after eating if I've had a large meal, a sugary meal or drink, or have a 'nervous stomach' to begin with. I feel hot, uncomfortable and as my stomach bloats, I become aware of my heartbeat which makes me very anxious indeed. Peppermint tea and running up and down the stairs a few times about an hour after eating might sound really, really daft, but for me - it works.

Hope you feel better soon :)

12ema
09-10-11, 14:45
Thanks alot for your reply :) i will have to try the peppermint tea an the running. It must be the sugar in the food that can trigger it off but its very anoying when the feelings are so strong and you feel like its gonna turn into a panic attack ..

Dizzy_Dave
10-10-11, 19:44
Thanks alot for your reply :) i will have to try the peppermint tea an the running. It must be the sugar in the food that can trigger it off but its very anoying when the feelings are so strong and you feel like its gonna turn into a panic attack ..

Yes I get it too, when I get up I can feel really whoozy and off balance then the anxiety flows in.....but I try to not let it bother me so much now, it works some days more than others.

12ema
11-10-11, 15:21
yeah i get that the same its not a nice feeling.. but its really good your learning to cope with it :)