PDA

View Full Version : citalopram withdrawals?

desi322
21-05-06, 05:53
HI just been looking around on other websites and read quite a few disturbing comments on withdrawals when coming off citalopram( which also has lots of other names). I am hoping that I won't have to be on it indefinitely and scared after reading what other people had said. I have been very happy with it so far and not looking forward to stopping it quite as much now. Is there anyone that has been on it for a while and then weaned themselves off it? If so could you tell me what it was like? GOOD OR BAD so at least I know what I am in for. thanks desi

honeybee3939
21-05-06, 10:05
Hi Desi,

I have been taking Citalopram on and off for the last 10 years, and never had any side affects when i stop taking it. I started taking the medication when i had severe agorophobia they helped me get better and i stopped taking them 2 years later, i cut them down gradually from 40mg to 10 mg over a 6 month period and felt fine. I then managed without the drug for another 2 years. Recently i have been struggling again with anxiety so i have gone back on a 10mg dose which is helping take the edge away and hoping to come back off them when i feel better. I wouldnt worry too much about side affects i read about side affects too but didnt get any, just cut them gradually and you will be fine.

Hope that helps

Andrea
xxx

Lylakwine
21-05-06, 19:35
I'm really pleased that you have asked this question Desi, as I too am on Citalopram. I have been taking them for about 3 years, and would like to come off them at some point, but have also been afraid of the side effects i could possibly have.

Take care....Lyla xx