PDA

View Full Version : Really having my confidence knocked right now =( Help?

Littlehelper123
09-10-11, 22:10
I have college tomorrow and I've been doing Okay , better than i thought and I keep convincing myself not to go even though i am going to regret not going and I am really in a state right now =(

Its like I wanna go but I dont...I WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE AND LEARN!!! But my mind is just going 'No you can't because your going to be anxious and your going to be stuck in a classroom all day'

arghhh =(

Please help

any tips for boosting my confidence =( My course is awesome , i love it, its Animal care and i want to do it but i keep talking myself out of it and its really hard to get excited about it when i feel so low =(

thanks xxx

LaNae
09-10-11, 22:43
Please go. My anxiety talked me out of really living life in my teens and early twenties. A day spent at college with possible anxiety is far better than one spent at home with possible anxiety. If you have it, you have it- go and live your life too. I wish I could be your age again and do things over. I'm 25 now, and it comes so fast. x

Gemma T
09-10-11, 23:15
You have to keep exposing yourself to your anxieties. Being anxious wont kill you but each time you expose yourself your anx will lessen and lessen until it is no longer.

This is what I was taught in CBT X X X

KayleighJane
10-10-11, 18:45
yes I agree with Gemma, keep going! you say you love your course and then regret it when you try and talk yourself out of going so in the words of NMP just flippin do it! :D My anx has made me question everything I have done since January, My anx got the better of me at my uni interview in March and consequently I was not successful in my application :weep: But if I decide to re-apply then I certainly won't let my anxiety get in the way this time, you can't let it stop you doing what you want because then its won x