PDA

View Full Version : Ladies...

Glitterbugs
10-10-11, 08:38
...I just wondered if any of you found that your anxiety got worse with PMT? I have done well the past few weeks feeling much better but as soon as PMT gets here, I become negative, insecure and my irrational fears and anxiety are back :(

As much as I know these thoughts are irrational and hormone based they feel real. One of the triggers for my other half having a 'wobble' last month was the teen behaving badly when returning from a visit with his Dad (a pattern) and me having PMT which meant I handled it badly. Next day he questioned being here as lots of things had got on top of him and that was the final straw. We sorted it (for the better as issues were resolved) but the kids came back from their Father again last night and all kicked off and became upset. I stayed calm and reassured them as did he but it was still tough seeing them so upset (Dad is not entirely appropriate with the things he says to the kids).

Today of course, PMT is there and I am questioning things thinking he will return from work saying the same. Irrational in part of my head but real in the other bit.

Just feeling pretty anxious and negative. :( x

emmawalton
10-10-11, 09:04
yes i feel the same as you and get very nasty too.

Glitterbugs
10-10-11, 09:18
Argh it is insane. How can your head be telling you it is irrational and caused by hormones that will settle in a couple of days yet the feelings feel so real?!

I don't get nasty, just irritable really and over anxious and very negative. Particularly about my relationship with the other half. Glass becomes very half empty and I seem to think worst case scenario is about to happen. x

Em.ma
10-10-11, 10:52
I am horrible on mine lol. I dont get PMT but i get it whilst im on my period. I become irritatble, upset, angry, annoyed at everything. for example my dad and bro ate all the bacon, eggs and sausages and the last of the bread to them self this morning and i got so wound up i cried lol which is pathetic.
They've ate it all over the last few days and i specifically asked for them to just leave me two slices of bread and 3 rashers of bacon lol.
It also always seems to be men that p*** me off more than women lol. I see a man and feel angry for the whole week.
My anxiety also increases considerably.

---------- Post added at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

ps the fact ive got a snotty nose, sore throat and crackly and popping ear aswell this time isnt helping my mood lol. x

andy2
10-10-11, 11:39
Bloody hell. I am staying out of this conversation. Getting the impression men are not to popular here. Psychos:) lol

Littlehelper123
10-10-11, 11:59
ugh mines horrible with that! Pms is just :@!!!!!!!!!!

Makes my anxiety 100000000 times worse so i know how u feel xxx

Em.ma
10-10-11, 12:27
Bloody hell. I am staying out of this conversation. Getting the impression men are not to popular here. Psychos:) lol

:roflmao:

Glitterbugs
10-10-11, 15:23
Ah glad it's not just me! And blokes - don't blame you for staying away :D . Bloody hormones and anxiety. Bad combo! Thanks :) xxx

emmawalton
10-10-11, 15:59
we are all the same, what i would give to be a man lol

debs71
10-10-11, 16:17
Yes, although I find my depression gets worse more than my anxiety, and I just feel plain angry, as in 'chuck a tv out of the window' angry. (not that I ever have, lol):wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

...but never say never.:scared15:

boopster
10-10-11, 18:43
Hi all yes i am experiencing that at the min too i been so good got a good two weeks and now feel back to square on and i do really think its pmt related, hormones fleeing everywhere its frustrating (very) :-( try to stay positive but easier said ladies.

Em.ma
10-10-11, 19:33
I wouldnt even want to be around me when im like it lol.

Glitterbugs
11-10-11, 08:41
I wouldnt even want to be around me when im like it lol.

HA Ha! I can so relate to this!! Glad I am not alone...things seem much better today :) Damn those hormones!! xxx

boopster
11-10-11, 11:18
No looks like we aint alone although we feel it sometimes, i need some happy hormones for a change now lol :-)