PDA

View Full Version : Help..right back to square one .....

jo h
10-10-11, 15:36
ok so i was trying to get over anxiety/depression not sure which i have ....came off the citalopram a couple of months back ....been feeling rather dodgy for weeks ..chest pains...lethargic ....and then on Monday a close family member is rushed into hospital and has now been diagnosed with emphysema ( a non smoker too believe it or not ) she started off with a tickly cough and never went to the docs and now this is happened ..i have had a cough/throat clearing problem for ages now and keep getting told its just a habit ....how can they be so sure no-one has actually looked at my chest to find out ...just my throat i had a camera down and that was fine .....i have been very unwell this week trying to keep up hos visits and keep it together but i can't eat ..i have chest pains more now and yes my cough is still here and no energy as always ....plus keep getting jaw ache .......i am at a loss as to what to do i really am please any help would be fantastic right now i feel at a real low ......

oh and i did got the doctors last week told him i had bad stomach cramps (i think its ibs) and was stressed out he said i had caught a bug and gave me tablets and more omeprazole for reflux ..he said thats what the chest pains are ..i am sick of taking them its not causing my chest pains i know that :(

Chem
10-10-11, 15:42
Hello. Your anxiety levels are obviously high right now. The loss of appetite, chest pains, no energy, etc. could all be caused by anxiety. You have had your lungs checked. You don't say how long ago but you don't say your cough is worse.

I think your best course of action would be to go and see your doc. Explain about your relative. I'm sure the doc will either test you or reassure you.

jo h
10-10-11, 15:55
hi

thanks for the reply ..no i have not had my chest checked thats my issue they checked out my throat only gave me some gaviscon and thats it ....but i still have the annoying cough and throat clearing thing .....and yeah i actually feel stressed out ..i have loads to do today but can't focus on anything ..the chest pains worry me more than anything else i think but now this cough is on my mind too :weep: