PDA

View Full Version : Gallstones hell and now surgery...

FireFlyyy
10-10-11, 16:13
Hey everyone,

I havent been around in a while. My anxiety got really bad for a while, and I had constant nausea and abdominal discomfort that my doctor kept telling me was 'anxiety'…I was then sent for an ultrasound scan after I persisted with appointments (I was sure it wasnt 'just' my anxiety!), and they discovered gallstones. For the last 3 and a half months Ive had constant nausea day and night and I'm just about ready to top myself (yes, its that bad)…Im exhausted, and Im waiting on a date for surgery.

I dont know why Im posting here really, other than Im absolutely terrified of V**** either from the gallstones themselves or after the surgery.

So scared. :weep::weep:

bluesparkle
10-10-11, 17:05
hi firefly
i had my gall bladder removed about 3 yrs ago...
i was like you getting nausea and pain constantly and was very tired all the time.
i had mine done by key hole, it really is nothing to worry about.
rach
x

FireFlyyy
10-10-11, 17:08
Thanks rach - how were you after the surgery? As in, how long did it take you to recover and how did you respond to the anaesthetic?

Lucie

Hazel B
10-10-11, 19:08
Hi, I had my gallbladder taken out at the end of Dec last year. I was signed off work for 2 weeks after the op & you need this as you can't lift or drive. The op was keyhole but your abdomen is quite sore. It's day surgery so you should be in and out in one day. I had to stay overnight as I had a bad reaction to morphine (sickness) but it's a very common and straight forward op so it's rare for any complications.

My pain was awful from midnight to 3 am night after night, so the lack of sleep got to me a lot. Having my gallbladder removed was the best thing as the pain has gone now and I can eat more (fatty food was agony) - though I still stick to a low fat diet as I lost weight and want to keep it off.

Hope you get sorted soon.

eeyorelover
10-10-11, 19:34
They found a large stone in mine and I had it removed in January of this year.
I was sore afterwards but I'm so glad I don't have the pain I did before from the stone!
It was agony!
I always get nauseous from anesthesia. I made sure to tell them that and they started me on anti nausea meds before I even woke up. I never had any nausea ;)

bluesparkle
11-10-11, 09:47
hi
i was fine after surgery,
i had to stay in but that was for something else NOT the gall bladder.
it is an easy op from what i can gather and done by key hole but like the others have said it is a bit sore and you cant lift. i was signed off for 3 weeks but went back after 2 without any problems.
rach
x

lrforge
13-10-11, 00:40
What symptoms did you have? I am starting to think I have the C word? What kind of pain was it, dull or sharp, come or go??? I am scared to go to the dr...