PDA

View Full Version : worried sick

lola pagola
10-10-11, 16:35
ive just come back from drs..been going through perimenopause last few yrs and have skipped quite a lot of periods. this month ive had two heavier than norm. she said it is quite common but suggested a scan just to make sure there are no fibroids or polyps. she said because I suffer from HA really bad it would put my mind at rest there is nothing wrong. Im now convinced I have cancer AGAIN and if this is not bad enough im waiting for smear results. I have had real bad lower backache this time and Im beside myself with worry. Any advice would be most appreciated x
Louisa

Violet1
10-10-11, 17:51
Bigs :hugs: try not to worry. Irregular periods are totally normal when coming up to menopause. The fibroids and polyps will be nothing to worry about, sometimes they can cause more bleeding etc. Easier said than done, but your doctor is trying to reassure you, although sending you for a scan is probably worrying you more! It'll be fine x

lola pagola
10-10-11, 17:56
Thankyou violet.
The thing is I hate tests ect it cause so much more anxiety but I will be brave lol
Its the fear that something bad will show up,I just wish I could put it into perspective but I cant and my low backache which ive had for two days just isnt going which is causing me more angst x

Violet1
10-10-11, 18:49
I totally understand, the doctors can't win with me, they don't send me for tests - I think the are missing something, they do send me for tests- I worry the worst will be found. I completely know how you feel. I end up paying privately as I can't wait. It's awful. Sorry I'm not much help but just wanted to let know you are not alone. As for the back ache, take some pain killers and do something to take your mind off of it. When I am anxious about something the aches and pains are always worse. Please don't think I'm telling you the pains are in your head, but the mind is very powerful and I have been there sooooo many times!