PDA

View Full Version : Hi

AngieC
21-05-06, 15:34
Hi. Another new member.

I've suffered from panic and stress for about 11 years now and sought help for the first time earlier this year. I've found CBT a great help and am please to say I've been (almost) panic-free for over a month :D

Stress is my main concern now and if anyone has any helpful advice I'd be grateful!

Angie

trac67
21-05-06, 15:43
Hi Angie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
21-05-06, 16:13
Hi Angie

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Nicola

dream
21-05-06, 17:07
Hi Angie
welcome to this forum
take care denisexxx

denise

shiv
21-05-06, 19:27
Hello and a big warm welcome to you

Shiv x

giddy
21-05-06, 20:52
Hi Angie - welcome to the forum.
Love Helen

Alexandra
22-05-06, 11:37
Hi Angie

Welcome to the forum.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

chucklehound
22-05-06, 12:49
Hi Angie and welcome to NMP!

PurpleRain
22-05-06, 21:22
Hi Angie

Its great that youve had improvement with your cbt!! Congratulations and good luck for the future!!

For the stress i find when i do my relaxation cd everyday my stress lessens and im much more relaxed,i go trough periods when i find time to do my cd everyday and im definately less stressed then,have you tried any relaxation tecniques? Might help!?

Take care x

AngieC
22-05-06, 21:27
Thanks for all your replies.

Purple Rain - Relaxation? What's that??!!!?? :) To be honest, I haven't but any pointers would be greatly appreciated! With the stress I can find myself under, perhaps some proper relaxation is just what I need.

PurpleRain
22-05-06, 21:44
Hi angie

lol..yeah relaxation,that long lost friend of ours!

You can pick up relaxation tapes/cds from lots of places,im not sure if they sell them on this site but the nopanic website have some.
You need to use them everyday to feel the benefit ive found from experience. Also another great cd is a hypnosis cd by glenn harold called complete relaxation,i recommend that one!

I also find a glass of wine,a good book and my sofa works wonders!:D

Take care x

AngieC
22-05-06, 21:59
Thanks for that. I shall certainly look into it. Finding the time is the big problem. The only totally alone time I have is in the car on the way to and from work so I'll not try the hypnosis one then!!!

As for the glass of wine idea, I'm going to try that one right now!!! :D

Paddington
22-05-06, 22:52
hi Angie,fab news that you are so much better!I agree with the cd's 4 relaxation.I like paul mckenna!!But no good whilst drivin[lol]Glad you found nmp.love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore