PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Cold

Em.ma
10-10-11, 21:24
I have a cold at the moment but i have extreme head pains in my sinus area when swalloing and nose makes a crackly nose. I know this is proberly just my sinuses buggering up but its quite scary.(above my eyebrow is very painful when i swallow)
Today i had a feeling in chest like it was constricted and i gasped for air (ive had this a few times randomly before) and then i coughed after.
Today ive had very watery eyes. I have a cold and this is so silly to worry about it

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

I also have a pain in one thigh near my knee. when i got up earlier legs were numb to walk on.

Dizzy_Dave
10-10-11, 21:40
I have a cold at the moment but i have extreme head pains in my sinus area when swalloing and nose makes a crackly nose. I know this is proberly just my sinuses buggering up but its quite scary.(above my eyebrow is very painful when i swallow)
Today i had a feeling in chest like it was constricted and i gasped for air (ive had this a few times randomly before) and then i coughed after.
Today ive had very watery eyes. I have a cold and this is so silly to worry about it

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

I also have a pain in one thigh near my knee. when i got up earlier legs were numb to walk on.

You sound like you have sinutitus, you will need to visit the Docs for some antibiotics. You can steam to help clear your airways for now, and sniff Olbus Oil on a bit of tissue.

Em.ma
10-10-11, 22:24
Thank you. Yes think i may give it a few days- see what it does and if not of to the blooming docs i go.

The pain in thigh is there when waling grr it never ends.

Anxious_gal
11-10-11, 00:59
All pretty normal. I hate sinus problems, the headaches, pains on your head and face, pain when lowering your head, blocked nose and ears etc...
When I had a cold the tight chest feeling really scared me, but remember you can breath and it's normal for your chest to feel too tight with a cold, it just scares us more because of the anxiety and we think we can't breath right x
Sorry you've not been feeling too good lately :hugs:

mom1982
11-10-11, 10:32
hi get sinus infections as well. all the symptoms are the same. you need at least 2 courses of antibiotics and you'll be back to normal.

Em.ma
11-10-11, 12:01
Thank you.
I feel so much better today. Barley no cold-ish symtopms at all. So no need for the docs :D

Em.ma
13-10-11, 23:19
i got a lot better then today i started coughing so now im worried about that :(

---------- Post added at 22:56 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

and today i got like little bits stuck in throat dont know were from and i nearly chocked and coughed really badly i had tears after lol. quite worried. mums coughing a bit to-
could it be the damp in the house :( im so scared something infectious is in the house. our loo is clean ish but could be better and my mums bathrobe has black dots on it (like mouldy from hanging in the bathroom for a year) im a bit panicky now actually. :(. i imagine us both passing away.

---------- Post added at 23:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:56 ----------

nose was slihglt runny at the moment to

mom1982
14-10-11, 00:24
like i said in my last post, if its a sinus infection, you need antibiotics. i've been sick for weeks until i started antibiotics & got better. amoxicillin or doxycycline are the best 2.

Em.ma
14-10-11, 10:33
I have a docs app wednesday :)
mum has cough to so lots of bugs going around at the moment/
Scared its cancer as she smokes in the house lol

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 ----------

but i feel fine though just a cough other than that i feel normal dont even feel cold ish. when i had a ear/sinus/throat infection i was so bad i couldnt even type.