PDA

View Full Version : Hate the fact I cant cope

haziefantasie
10-10-11, 22:29
Hi everyone

Ive had a few better days recently & have felt a bit more upbeat in general but I just cant stop worrying about things.

What bothers me a lot is the fact that I cant cope with life, with what my future might bring & what might happen to me. I keep hearing stories about people who have gone through some shocking experiences & yet they cope fine, keep thinking positively & show such strength. Yet heres me having a total meltdown, trying to take my own life & generally falling at every hurdle. I know I shouldnt compare myself to others, everyones different & has varying tolerance levels etc. But it still makes me feel so USELESS & a total FAILURE x

Chem
11-10-11, 00:21
You're not useless and you're not a failure. You're getting through the best way you can. Take it each day at a time. Set yourself a little goal each day and congratulate yourself when you achieve it.

Have you read the therapies and self esteem sections in the forum? (left hand column) There are plenty of ideas there to help you get back on track. Good luck.

Anxious_gal
11-10-11, 00:47
From the outside it can look like people cope, but on the inside they hurt just like the rest of us.
Yes some people cope better, be it because the have good genes, a good support system, are just naturally happy people etc...
Not everyone is the same, so you can't compare yourself to anyone else.
In all fairness you can't help how you feel and you are doing the best you can with what you have x x
You are not a failure you are just human :hugs:

haziefantasie
12-10-11, 14:12
Thanks for your replies guys, I really appreciate it x