PDA

View Full Version : hey..could someone help me please :)

dilly
10-10-11, 23:30
hey my name mark:)

was just wondering is Hypnotherapy any good for panic attacks...

im 23 and iv been getting them since around the last three years.
it gets really bad after a night out that i cant even leave my house cause i feel dizzy or sick in my stomach and my body starts to shake alot..

i try not to drink as much any more but even when am not drinking i start to feel anxious and nervous..its kind of ruining my life and feel depressed.
iv takin rescue remedy before but did not help me to much.

if anyone could help me here with a bit of advice it would really help alot because i dont have anyone to talk about this to and im still young and feel im missing out on so much.

lisa12
10-10-11, 23:42
Hi mark ,
I tried hypnotherepy it dint realy work for me,but maybe the therapist i had was not very good ! i have heard it as worked for some people ...I have suffered with panic for 18 years ,but have learnt to controll it by taking small steps and making my self face the horrible symptons and stop running away from them ....i had help with cbt which is really good and free through your doctor ,so thats worth ago ,have you seen a doctor or are you dealing with it alone ?...if you visit your local library there are lots of books about anxiety/panic i found these really usefull.....Hope this helps :)

max111
11-10-11, 02:05
Hi Mark,

Im 21 and have been suffering from Panic and GAD for some time now, i am now on the road to recovery, it has really started in the last 4 weeks. Let me quickly explain what happened to me and does still happen but not frequently any more. I would wake up feeling so anxious that it would continue throughout the day. thinking about it so much it would induce a panic attack, i would hyperventilate, feel dizzy,get such a try throat i would choke and gag, my heart would race and i could not sit down. I spent hours walking around my flat, pacing up and down avoiding leaving the house avoiding the tube, the bus etc etc... I found that alcohol would give me relief and after 4-5 cans of larger i would feel normal again and be able to sleep at least until the next day when my anxiety would worsen, so as a result i had a drink i did this for 4 months drinking 6-10 cans a day. Luckily for me i have a great girlfriend who has stuck by me throughout everything and she put her foot down and forced me to stop. So here is my advice. It will not get rid of panic and anxiety but rapidly reduce it and therefore dealing with it day to day becomes easier and you will be on the road to recovery.

1. Stop drinking. Even if your mates go out drinking try your best not to at all.
2. Diet. You dont have to go on a mad diet and cut everything you enjoy eating out but fruit and water is essential. Try and eat 5 fruits a day drink lots of water.
3. Try and do a little exercise if possible
4. Multi vitamin tablets. Vitamin B12 is great at helping anxiety
5. Most important: Stick to it give it a week you will notice a great difference.

Hope this helps

Best of luck

Max

Pat77
11-10-11, 10:15
Hi Mark, I am 34 and have PA for over 10 years and learned through therapy to deal with my symptoms ... What helped me a lot was learning about them and understand how they appear and why, once you realise nothing too bad will happen to you because of them you will be able to walk along them when they come .... Drinking is something that does not help much.
Never done hypnosis , i did BCT. Because I thought if I could deal with the situation as it happens would be easier for me because Anxiety will always be around and we have to learn how to manage it.

Take care,
Pat :yesyes: