PDA

View Full Version : Sore mouth

hayles
21-05-06, 18:18
Hey...me again

For the last few weeks have been getting a sore thorat on and off, now I have this terrible cough and a sore mouth, not really painfull, just feels strange, like i have smoked 100 fags.

I dont smoke unless i am drinking or really stressed then i have the odd one!

I am convincing myself its throat cancer.....am i being silly is this anxiety am I NUTS [:P]....lol

Thanks - Hay xx

Hay x

smiffie
21-05-06, 18:23
dont worry i have that at the moment, along with a stomach ulcer and angina.... :)

wendy
21-05-06, 18:43
Hi Hay

If you are nuts then I have no hope! Like Richard I currently have many illnesses too..... Heart faliure, stroke, Tumours to name but a few and thats without the ten times Ive nearly died [:I][:I][:I]

Serioulsy tho, It is awful to have these fears but promise you it is a sore throat you have, lot of it around at the mo, I will soon get better, you will come to no harm

Wendy xx

carlin
21-05-06, 18:45
Hi there, You are not being silly, you certainly are not nuts and you most definately do not have throat cancer! It is, unfortunately, anxiety. Gosh how hard is all of this eh? You maybe are a little run-down, about to get a cold, or just so aware of your throatie feelings that you feel as you do. Drink lots of water, look after yourself and if possible (if only) don't let it frighten you. Your body will fight any little infections,(if not ask docs advice?) take care of yourself and keep in touch. xx

reddevil
21-05-06, 19:34
Hi,

Today I have had a bad day with my anxiety and a symtom I have had today is a sore throat, which I have had many times with anxiety.

You can get tention everywhere in your body and the throat.

Tony

shiv
21-05-06, 19:47
Hi Hayles, sorry you're feeling so bad hun.

You're just ultra aware of every little ache and pain like all us health anxiety sufferers are! i know it's horrid but it really does sound plain and simply like a throat infection.

Take care mate

Shiv x

Two heads
21-05-06, 20:33
Hi hayes!
Dont worry i expect its your body trying to fight off a germ,sometimes they can hang around for weeks if your run down.I have had everything going in the last six months.Ive just got rid of a terrible dry cough and sore throat which has been around a while.I even lost my voice for the day last week which my hubby was thankful for!My friend had throat cancer last year and he didnt have sore throat!Try and fright the gremlin xxx

smiffie
21-05-06, 20:49
And DONT use google to self diagnose, just go to your GP and put your mind at rest...

giddy
21-05-06, 20:58
Hi Hayles - sounds like you may be coming down with a cold. I think anxiety makes us more sensitive to how we feel and all our aches and pains. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Love Helen

dawnym
22-05-06, 09:46
Hi Ive had a sore throat for a couple of weeks think something is doing the rounds.
I often get ulsers in my mouth,the more anxious I feel the worse they get.
Hope you feel better soon Dawn

hayles
22-05-06, 10:03
Thanks you guys for the reassurances.

With the wedding drawing nearer just seem to be more and more anxious, its like
i am over sensitive to every little ache, pain, twinge.
Wish i could just ignore myself!!!!!

Hope everyone is ok and thanks again xxxx

Hay x