PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram MVP

Helen82
11-10-11, 16:50
hi everyone

this is my first proper post so here go's....

suffering with bad anxiety and depression and suffering with tachycardia and eptopics with the stress!!! i have a mitral valve prolapse that is not in need of medical care at the moment just need to go back every year for a echo... see 4 cardio consultants who tell me all palps, tachycardia,stress due to anxiety but still stressed over my heart. been on propranolol for 6 months not really helping and now making my hair fall out, doctor has given me citalopram but it says can give you palps and vt and stv on info leaflet, anyone with heart problems even taken them and been ok?

Helen82
12-10-11, 08:01
Anyone???? X

nicola1980
12-10-11, 13:39
Hi sorry i can't advise you but didn't just want to read and run!! really don't think ur doctor would have prescribed them for u with ur heart problems unless they were totally safe, i did and still am having heart palps and im on wk 4 of cit but in all honesty i had this b4 so i really think this is my anxiety not the meds! hope this helps, maybe u could csll ur doctor for a telephone consultation just to put ur mind at rest?
Nicola xx

jessicalittler79
19-02-12, 17:29
i was just told i have mitral valve prolapse also ,my anx has been very high ,been giving beta blockers