PDA

View Full Version : PM's in Chat Room have been disabled for members

nomorepanic
11-10-11, 19:42
Hi all

Following recent problems on NMP, which spilled over on to FaceBook, we have found that most of the issues stem from the live Chat Room.

We have decided that for the time being we are going to disable the facility to PM (Private Message) another member in chat. It was either this or decide to shut the chat room down completely.

Only admins and chat moderators will be able to PM members and the member will NOT be able to reply. We will only use this facility to have a quiet word with a member without doing it in the main room. For example, if a member needs to be asked to tone the conversation down or watch their language.

We will see how things go with this for now.

Please remember you can still use the "Help" room if you want to take the conversation away from the main chat room.

Thank you for you co-operation with this.

nomorepanic
13-10-11, 01:00
We have now disabled the ability to save chat logs as well as we have found some of these appearing on FaceBook and we need to protect member's privacy as much as possible from this happening.

We will continue to do all we can to protect members I can I assure you all.

Bravedart
13-10-11, 11:33
I am sooooo infurated at these so called human beings who have caused all this trouble, unrest and worry for so many people. As someone who uses the Pm facility responsibly Im annoyed its been stopped however understand why. I hope the individuals responsible take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror and see what is looking back at them. The word Karma has been in my mind throughout this sorry situation and Im sure it will do its bit to reddress the balance!!!

Thanks again for the work that is being done to protect members, Its much appreciated.

Brave

KayleighJane
13-10-11, 12:26
I am sooooo infurated at these so called human beings who have caused all this trouble, unrest and worry for so many people. As someone who uses the Pm facility responsibly Im annoyed its been stopped however understand why. I hope the individuals responsible take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror and see what is looking back at them. The word Karma has been in my mind throughout this sorry situation and Im sure it will do its bit to reddress the balance!!!

Thanks again for the work that is being done to protect members, Its much appreciated.

Brave

well said brave x

jaded jean
16-10-11, 17:05
This was so needed Nicola what with spin off groups on FB -so vindictive I cannot bring myself to come back - it was unnecessary -It was malice full stop. I speak to one lady who comes in still but that is out of here as I wonder if my msgs will be seen by certain parties..
NMP will continue to do good things.It was unfortunate that there were a few bad apples at the bottom of this barrel.
Regards Jean

Em.ma
17-10-11, 19:43
All the mods here really do a great job with this site considering they all suffer to i think it is quite amazing how much they all do for us and continue to keep this a friendly and safe place to come to.
Thank you mods
Emma :)