PDA

View Full Version : twitch in upper eyelid for weeks???

missykat
11-10-11, 20:37
i have a twitch in my upperleft eyelid now the past 3 weeks or so, it's not constant but happens every 15 minutes or so throughout the day. my eye doesn't shut completely just twitches like a little flutter, its really worrying me and very very annoying! i have the past few months been drinking a bout 4 or 5 cups of coffee a day, cud this be the cause?? or cud it be a sign of a tumor in the brain or another nerve disorder?? i have limited my intake of caffeine today to just two cups of tea, i noticed it wsn't as persistant but nonetheless still there! i am fine in the mornings but then it starts after an hour or so of been awake! anybody have this before lasting soooooo long?? any help i wud appreciate! getn paranoid here......:blush:

swgrl09
11-10-11, 21:35
It definitely could be from the coffee. The twitches happen to me, usually when I am tired or super hopped up on coffee. I usually only drink a cup a day, but when I have 2-3 I have the eye twitches. I'd cool it on the caffeine and see how it goes for a little while.

missykat
11-10-11, 21:45
i was guessing it was the coffee too, so have just been having tea one or two cups a day. i normally used to never drink coffee and as soon as i did it happened so i connected the both. obviously my brain started rambling thinking it was from something more serious :/ i'll see how it goes anyway. thank you :hugs:

zygfried
11-10-11, 23:13
Eye twitching is a common sign of anxiety. Worrying may make it worse as well as caffeine. Hope it gets better soon!

haz
11-10-11, 23:25
Eye twitching is a common sign of anxiety. Worrying may make it worse as well as caffeine. Hope it gets better soon!

Yep! I get this and I don't drink caffeine. It can be annoying though!

ZHBully
12-10-11, 12:03
I get the twitchiness when I'm feeling exhausted and run down.
Are you tired and that's why you've been drinking lots of coffee?

missykat
12-10-11, 12:08
i'm normally exhausted most days! especially in the mornings so i find the cup of coffee a great help so then gradually increased the amount to feel awake for the day. i can get so tired and feel like i dnt get enuff sleep wen in fact i think i do roughly 7 hours sleep but it's usually broken sleep i wake a few times to my toddler etc. but sometimes i get a good sleep. i really shud start taking some vitamins of some sort. this lack of caffeine is making me feel even more exhausted! and i'm breaking out in spots :( ugh but at least the twitching is improving, its still there but not as bad as the past few days

Catalyst
12-10-11, 15:13
Hi - I had a bad eye twitch that went on daily (random intervals throughout the day - not constant) for about 3 months! In the end diazepam for 7 days kicked it out of me. The doctor said that whatever the initial cause, my muscle had become so used to twitching that it needed to be forced to relax a bit! It worked. I've had the odd isolated twitch since, but nothing like what it was like then!

debs71
12-10-11, 15:21
Hi - I had a bad eye twitch that went on daily (random intervals throughout the day - not constant) for about 3 months! In the end diazepam for 7 days kicked it out of me. The doctor said that whatever the initial cause, my muscle had become so used to twitching that it needed to be forced to relax a bit! It worked. I've had the odd isolated twitch since, but nothing like what it was like then!

This happened to me too Catalyst! Not as long as you, you poor thing, but I had a lower left eyelid twitch for 4 weeks straight, day and night. I was eventually prescribed Carbamazepine, but only after making a nuisance of myself at my GP, and it immediately surpressed it. After a week on it the twitch returned when I missed only one dose, but after 3 weeks more of it it stopped completely!

Twitches may sound trivial but they are quite distressing when they go on for ages. See how things go missykat, but just to let you know that there are some meds that can help calm the twitch and knock it on the head eventually.

Hope it settles soon.x:hugs:

missykat
15-10-11, 11:07
thanks everyone for all the advice. i have been limiting myself to one cup of coffee tru the day and a cup of tea in the afternoon. i notice it gets worse wen i lack sleep like the other nite my toddler had a bug and i was up all night with her and it was worse the next day. i noticed now it had moved to my nose and eyebrow :/ im taking vitamins too so im goin to give it another week before i truly panic.... i am now but trying to be rational

selphie
15-10-11, 16:53
i had this annoying horrible thing my eye would start to twitch for a a while stop and start stop and start again it was weird i got it everyday for about 2 months then all of a sudden it just stopped.
come to think of it i cant even remember it stopping but it must of coz i dont get it anymore.

i dident drink any coffee or tea but i got it loads i kept thinking that there was something crawling in it it freaked me out i guess thats why they call it a nervous twitchxxx:whistles:

f4Gg0t_43
15-10-11, 19:10
i'm normally exhausted most days! especially in the mornings so i find the cup of coffee a great help so then gradually increased the amount to feel awake for the day. i can get so tired and feel like i dnt get enuff sleep wen in fact i think i do roughly 7 hours sleep but it's usually broken sleep i wake a few times to my toddler etc. but sometimes i get a good sleep. i really shud start taking some vitamins of some sort. this lack of caffeine is making me feel even more exhausted! and i'm breaking out in spots :( ugh but at least the twitching is improving, its still there but not as bad as the past few days

I used to drink a lot of pop, and when I finally stopped I got really tired (and slightly depressed) for a week, and then I was back to normal. Literally the same as when I was drinking a ton of pop. Once you get past the withdrawal symptoms, you can live the same life by just drinking water.

charmcc123
02-12-11, 20:55
this is simular what im getting, how long did it last hun? xx

kah
03-12-11, 08:18
My eyelid twitches a lot too. I don't drink coffee or pop. It's just one of those things and quite common from what I can make out.

K xx

missykat
17-12-11, 15:35
mine lasted about 3 months straight. it has stopped now, out of the blue it has stopped :) so wenever i get it again i wont worry! lol

buffybot
17-12-11, 17:56
Eye lid spasms are really common when you are stressed and they do no harm these spasms are common with panic attacks as well.