PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety, feeling emotional.

emu12
11-10-11, 21:10
Hi everyone, I suffer from agoraphobia and have recently finished summer and started back at university for my final year. Im finding it so difficult to attend because I feel awful whenever I leave the house...but something new has started happening which Ive never felt before. Ive become really emotional about the whole situation. Whenever I leave the house I feel like Im going to cry because I just cant handle the situation anymore...and I walk to university and have started thinking stupid things such as how easy it would be to get knocked over by a car and then this anxiety would be gone...Of course I would not say Im suicidal or would act upon anything like this but its just strange as Ive never had these thoughts before....

I've never really had this much stress before and my emotions and body just feel so drained everyday.

Bing1
11-10-11, 21:30
You sound really under pressure and annoyed by the situation which is understandable! I've posted this in a few threads so looks like I'm selling it lol but I downloaded am audio book by Dr. Claire Weekes called 'help with Your Nerves', It was recommended to me by someone else on here and it's very comforting and informative. There's a lot of content on agoraphobia and how to overcome it.

I got mine on from Audible on Amazon for about £7 but there's a book as well.

emu12
11-10-11, 21:43
Thankyou for this suggestion I will have a look online now thank you :)

Bing1
11-10-11, 21:46
You're welcome! Hope it helps :hugs:

You will get through it, one way or another we all will! xx