PDA

View Full Version : Why am I so grumpy

lisa p
21-05-06, 19:34
Hi,

Dont know whats wrong with me just lately, really not been out of my safe zone of 10 mins for over three weeks. Just do the school run and thats it. Cant be bothered to make the effort.

I feel really sad tonight all I've done today is shout at the children, they really have pushed me today, they have been fighting all day, hubby in bad mood, which dosnt help!

I just seem to be so grumpy and fly off the handle at everything. I seem to be drinking everynight, not so I am drunk, but a couple of glasses of wine, just to chill out.

I feel guilty that the children are stuck at home all the time, especially at weekends and school hols - and that I just shout all the time!!

May phone a hypnotist tomorrow, he is willing to come to me home, if that does not work then I am going to have to be brave and start the meds if not I can see that we are all gonna be stuck at home for the summer getting on each others nerves.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Lisa p

shiv
21-05-06, 19:39
i know how you feel Lisa. Sometimes the kids just do your haed in completely don't they! But don't beat yourself up over snapping- we all do it.

I used to have a couple of glasses of wine every night until I slowly began to realise that it was making my anxiety worse even though I was by no means drunk.

I think- yes, try the hypnotist: what do you have to lose. Are you getting any therapy or waiting for some? That will help too.

If you feel really down feel free to pm me any time.

Shiv x

marie ross
21-05-06, 19:45
Hi Lisa,

I can relate to all of that. It's horrible that you can't do the things you want to do, go out with all the family. I have to rely on my partner to finish work or wait till he got holidays before we can all go out and do someting interesting other than the weekly shop!!!

My kids seem to bear my bad moods more than others, especially on days like today when its been raining non-stop and they can't go out and play. Although i can go out to work and to school anywhere else scares me, i'm too afraid to go on meds so i'm trying not to go down that road, but if you think that it will help you in any way then you should go and see your doctor, or maybe the hypnotist will be a great help. I hope things get a lot easier for you soon, and remember you're not on your own, and if you want to have a good old moan on here your more than welcome!!!!

Take care.
Marie XXX

Two heads
21-05-06, 20:43
Hi lisa
Im like that at the moment and im on a low dose of meds so i dont no whats the matter with me hun!I think its just being a busy tired mum hun so dont worry yourself.We all shout at our kids when they push us, its normal we are human to.Dont be to hard on yourself.
Maybe meds will help you to get out more as i think they may have help there if anything.take carexxx