PDA

View Full Version : Feeling of slow heart rate making me panic :(

*clare*
12-10-11, 01:31
I have this terrible habit of checking my pulse. I know its not good but sometimes i can't resist!! Tonight i'm really anxious as my pulse seems too slow for me. It's making me panic and i cant sleep. I don't feel like i can sleep until i feel happy its within my normal range.

Does anyone else have similar feelings of panis? I feel like i'm being stupid and bringing on my own panic. If i didn't check my pulse then i'd have nothing to fret about.

It really floods me with this feeling of dread :(

mandshere2000
12-10-11, 01:52
Hi claire
Do you you mind me asking what a normal pulse is for you and what was the last 1 you done, I have have checked mine 3 times in the last hour and the first 1 was 64 the second was 72 and the last was 86 my norm is about 77 so I feel it has fluctuated quite a bit in an hour or so. It has got me a little worried as I also suffer with thyroid problems which are not under control at the min.
Thanks
Manda

woody77
12-10-11, 02:53
Hi
I have thyroid probs too. My pulse varies from 68ish to over 100 when I'm anxious and panicky

*clare*
13-10-11, 00:41
I'd say my pulse rate sits between 60 an 70 at rest. Last night it was 56 when i did it. Nothing majourly low but for someone like me it makes me panic. I think sometimes it appears to be slower than it is. I also keep getting a head rushy feeling but in my chest and at this point my pulse rate slows down. I think it is anxiety but i worry about every little thing :(

Geoff2301
13-10-11, 08:32
Generally, the slower your pulse, the fitter you are so I'd think of this as a positive. Lance Armstrong had a resting pulse of something like 35 I seem to remember reading!