PDA

View Full Version : Skin Cancer

Farr06
21-05-06, 20:17
I am worried sick, hoping someone can help me. I posted a while ago about a crusty lump I have had on my scalp for about 10 years, and am now worried it is a Rodent Ulcer, which is a form of skin cancer, as it has been there for a long time with no symptoms, which is what NHS Direct say happens on their website.

Does anyone know if the blood tests I had in November 05 and this february would have shown up if it was cancerous?? Even thought the tests were not specifically looking for cancer I mean. I am going out my mind with worry - what else could it be apart from cancer???

Anxiety Is Evil

giddy
21-05-06, 21:01
Hi - go and see your GP and put your mind at rest.
Love Helen

smiffie
21-05-06, 21:08
Book in and see your GP in the morning put your mind at rest, if its been there that long its probably just what you say it is ! a crusty lump !

Leave google alone and dont worry about NHS direct, i end up having to dial 999 quite often when i use that site and Im very much alive months on.

Smiffie

nomorepanic
21-05-06, 21:23
Have you considered getting CBT for your HA issues?

Nicola

nell1965
21-05-06, 21:59
HI
A rodent ulcer is a kind of tumour but not in the sense that you are thinking,rodent ulcers generally get removed because they spread and can have very deep roots which can interfere with other structures but its not something that spreads to other parts of the body, if this thing in your scalp has been there for years and it hasnt changed then i really dont think its anything to worry about and even if it has changed there are thousands of different skin conditions/complaints which are not cancer, i think nic is right and you should consider some cbt, if you are really worried about your scalp get it looked at while you are getting a referral for cbt.

I just want my life back
nell
x

Daisybun
21-05-06, 22:54
My friend had a rodent ulcer, it was removed and it was not cancer. I agree about looking things up on Internet health sites, worst possible thing you can do. Go see your GP and put your mind at rest.

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

eeyorelover
22-05-06, 02:15
The blood tests you had would have shown the different types of blood cells and if they are normal in number and appearance, and would check the levels of certain chemicals and hormones in your blood. The results of them show how well your organs are working and if cancer could be present.
From that the doc would have sent you for more tests if anything abnormal had shown up on any of them.
Hope it helps.

jackie
22-05-06, 09:48
yes i am sure they would have . it would have shown an increase in your white blood cells i think although im not a nurse.

im sure it is nothing to worry about. stop googling for info on sites it is so damaging, if you are worried just go to the docs one more time but im sure you are fine

jackie

Farr06
23-05-06, 13:05
I am seeing the GP tomorrow morning. Made the staff in the local laundrette look at it today and they all said it looks like a wart, so heres hoping. Will let you all know how I get on tomorrow xx

Anxiety Is Evil