PDA

View Full Version : I'm off venlafaxine!!!

Lizziesaurus
12-10-11, 11:25
If some of you read my posts in the venlafaxine/effexor thread you'll have known about my struggle the last few months in getting off the awful awful drug.

I'd been dropped down to 37.5mg by the doc and just took one every other 2 days. The other day I decided to carry on not taking it and thought I'd just go for it. I still felt that awful electric shock sensation, and nausea but felt no where near as bad as last time. I think my quitting smoking has helped, when I've had a lapse and had a cig I felt worse. I felt abit rubbish last night as well, but I think that was due to not eating much yesterday.

It's been over a week now though and I feel so much better for it, like a fogs been lifted and that the 'water's now running clear'. That's just how I feel. I'm not sure what my next step will be, I'm thinking more natural remedies, apparently 5-HTP is as good as a prescribed antidepressant but I'm thinking maybe I should try without anything for a while.

I just had to post to show you can get off these things in time, I never thought I could but I have, woo hoo! :roflmao:

Davevanza
19-10-11, 11:34
If some of you read my posts in the venlafaxine/effexor thread you'll have known about my struggle the last few months in getting off the awful awful drug.

I'd been dropped down to 37.5mg by the doc and just took one every other 2 days. The other day I decided to carry on not taking it and thought I'd just go for it. I still felt that awful electric shock sensation, and nausea but felt no where near as bad as last time. I think my quitting smoking has helped, when I've had a lapse and had a cig I felt worse. I felt abit rubbish last night as well, but I think that was due to not eating much yesterday.

It's been over a week now though and I feel so much better for it, like a fogs been lifted and that the 'water's now running clear'. That's just how I feel. I'm not sure what my next step will be, I'm thinking more natural remedies, apparently 5-HTP is as good as a prescribed antidepressant but I'm thinking maybe I should try without anything for a while.

I just had to post to show you can get off these things in time, I never thought I could but I have, woo hoo! :roflmao:

Hi,
I was on EffexorXR 150mg twice a day.

And I came of it with NO symptom of withdrawal.

At that time, I was using for 2 months only

Kind Regards
Dave

cathycrumble
19-10-11, 20:28
I am coming off my citalopram god what a nightmare starting them and coming off I was thinking of using that 5-Htp I have heard it's good. I amstill weaning off cit will have to wait and see.

Cathy xx

Lizziesaurus
22-10-11, 03:32
Lucky you, I wish I'd never had any but that's the way the world goes, I had no problems coming off citalopram or sertraline, yet even nearly 3 weeks on I'm still getting odd side effects.

Hoping it'll wear off soon!

jo61
22-10-11, 11:32
Well done Lizz, i know how hard they are to come off - got that tee shirt. :D

Lizziesaurus
22-10-11, 14:24
3 weeks tomorrow :D life's still not a bed of roses, but at least now I now know anything I feel is what I'm actually feeling, not the ADs

cathycrumble
22-10-11, 19:17

So so pleased for you I understand what you mean when you say the water is clear I feel the same I have just come off citalopram. 2 days now did wean off 3 weeks ago from 40mg. I know it's quick and I am having dizzyness sickness and most probs more to come. I tried to come off last april but I was bad so went back on them. But I was bluffed as I thought it was MY anxiety that was bad I now know it is mostly due to the citalipram and coming off of them that was the course of all the bad feelings I suffered not just my anxiety. If you know what I mean? lol I feel my sence of humour is coming back. I am not saying it is going to be plain sailing but I am not going back on AD. I was looking on google last night about 5-HTP and it looks good but like you I dont want to jump from one thing to another. I want to make my own seretonin lol ie excercise is good I have also been taking fish oils and vit b and garlic. I have got my appointment also for CBT. So all good, and a little glass of red wine doesn't harm lol good luck

Cathy xx

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

3 weeks tomorrow :D life's still not a bed of roses, but at least now I now know anything I feel is what I'm actually feeling, not the ADs

So true :yesyes:

Cathy xx