PDA

View Full Version : severe headaches - unbearable

duke246810
12-10-11, 17:16
Hi there,

I have a really scary and painful problem at the moment.. I suffer with headaches alot, usually behind my eyes. But lately it feels different.. the pain rediates from behind my left eye to the back of my head on the left side, and gets worse when my heart rate increases. The pain comes on and off, and sometimes stops for a few minutes then comes back worse. It makes me VERY dizzy and unable to eat on the left side of my mouth because my teeth feel so sensitive. IVe been to the dentist oads and they say i grind my teeth and have worn down the enamel, but ive only seen one dentist, do you think i should get a second opinion? I have an x-ray for the orthadontists soon and im so scared its goingt o find something in my brain or something.. Also im abit wary that ive got an infection in my teeth making me have these headaches.. Anyway, do you think its alright to take two paracetamols and my ranitidine tablet for my stomach? Any feedback is greatly appreciated and thankyou for taking the time to read my post.

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Also im worried that the pain could be caused by toxic shock syndrome from being on period ? :S

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Also my hands are shaking and they are blotchy and so are my legs, and my nails on my hands are purple and white hmm

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

it might sound like im panicking, im not thoguh im just worried that a huge spot on my face that ive popped and its swollen up and so painful has made puss go in my brain, or from teeth lol :(

swgrl09
12-10-11, 17:25
I would not worry at all about TSS, blotchiness is probably because your anxiety is high and your heart is pumping.

As for the headache, right now I have an awful headache in the same areas and it is because I have awful knots in my muscles of my neck and up across my skull. Also if your teeth are sensitive, that definitely could be from bruxism ... another thought I had with the sensitive teeth issue would be sinus-related.

duke246810
12-10-11, 18:01
thankyou for your reply, what is bruxism?

swgrl09
12-10-11, 20:13
another word for grinding your teeth, sorry!

Anxious_gal
13-10-11, 00:23
If you had toxic shock syndrome you would feel like you had the flu, you would be pretty much too weak to move and you would have a high fever from the infection.
Also you need to using tampons and leaving them in for too long.

Headaches sound like migraines to me, can be caused by the pill and hormones.
One sided headaches is usually a migraine.
If you are grinding your teeth you maybe have TMJ which can cause headaches.
Plus your teeth are sensitive, maybe from grinding them?

Any infection will show up on the x ray but usually with dental infections you get some swelling and often a fever and a very painful tooth.

Salt water a few times a day is really good for mouth infections :)