PDA

View Full Version : sales women on steet today

Em.ma
12-10-11, 20:39
Me and my Grandma were at a bus stop today and there was a women who came up pestering her to fill in a survery so she caved in and she gave her address out and then the lady asked me if i wanted to and my nan looked at me as if to say "please just fill it in so she goes away"
so now they have my address
appearntly she was from qwick fit.

Bruno58
12-10-11, 20:52
appearntly she was from qwick fit.

The car tyre fitting company? 'Kwik-Fit'...?

J.

Em.ma
12-10-11, 21:06
yep thats it. forgot how to spell it lol

Bruno58
12-10-11, 21:09
Yes I call them quick save by mistake usually! did the woman show you any proof that she was from kwik fit...

Em.ma
12-10-11, 21:12
She didnt show any proof but we was about 5 mins from a garage and she seemed legit but im still worried. :\

Bruno58
12-10-11, 21:21
Ok, first thing is they could only sent you junk mail through the post, it seems odd to me that this woman saying she is from a tyre company approching your gran when you were both standing at a bus stop...if you had been in a car then yes I could understand that...

I would advise not to give your details to anyone on the street unless they show proof of who they say they are...AND you don't mind they having them.

I'll try to find out if Kwik-Fit are doing on street surveys.

J.

Em.ma
12-10-11, 21:28
well the bus stop was right next to a petrol station and we were just through the petrol station and just at the bus stop lol. Thank you for looking for me though. She was really pushy so i guess she tried to pick on someone that she knew she could pressure into answering (ie my gran whos nearly 80)

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

im worried about my nan more than me. ive got my dad home most of the time. my nan is on her own

Bruno58
12-10-11, 21:34
OK, I've sent an email to Kwik-fit's head office in Scotland asking if they have representatives performing on street survey's.

We'll see if they reply.

J.

Em.ma
12-10-11, 21:37
Thank you so much for taking your time to do that :) x

Bruno58
12-10-11, 21:46
No problem, only took 2 minutes to find the address and send it, I usually get results and if I don't there is a local Kwik-Fit near me.

I had a 'run in' with them earlier this year...sent an email at night and 'Mr Quick fit fitter' phoned me the following morning..in a stew,he got blasted :mad:

I don't let them near my Jaguar now..where's the devil 'smiley'!!!:shades:

J.

Em.ma
12-10-11, 21:49
i must say i dont like them my self. we broke down next to them once they refused to look at it and we offered to pay there and then.
the 1st q she asked was "have you heard of any garages nearby" so i said "tates"

nomorepanic
12-10-11, 22:05
I really wouldn't worry about it. The most you will get is junk mail. They aren't going to turn up on your doorstep now are they?

mikewales
13-10-11, 08:50
Plus if you dont have a car, there isnt much they can try and sell you that you dont want !

Also, a lot of these people doing surveys get paid for every one they hand in, so they will just approach anyone to get as many done as they can.

Em.ma
13-10-11, 12:52
Nic- I know over thinking on my part again. Didnt even give it a 2nd thought today
Mike- She did say i have 31 to fill out today to us lol
:)