PDA

View Full Version : Yo Yo apetite

sarahlou1983
13-10-11, 19:05
Anybody find that their apetite is yo-yoing

after not eating anything for two days.started eating yesterday on and off (took me 45 minutes to eat one piece of toast)......
today managed to eat breakfast and lunch ,then again tonight find i didnt have an apetite again and just nibbled a ham sandwhich....

Have any of you guys experianced this?????

PanchoGoz
13-10-11, 19:23
Definately. This is me all over - no appetite, huge appetite, no appetite...its anxiety for me, or maybe you have a bit of flu or something?
What I have learned to do is take some vitimin and iron tonic to keep me going, but without food my body goes aaaah I can't digest this without natural fibres! And my stomach starts to rumble and eventually I suddenly feel starved. You don't need to eat more than you need, your body will make up for it later so I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

william wallace
13-10-11, 19:27
Yes, for the last 4 months. I've lost 20lb by only eating when I'm hungry, which is'nt very often due I think to the Citalopram. Never mind lass, your appetite will come back.
Chippy chips on a buttered roll with a cup of strong tea works for me:)

Wotnews
13-10-11, 19:30
Hi Sarah
Yeeeeeeesssssss. I've had no appetite for about three months and have gone days in a row with no food.I've lost a lot of weight,not surprisingly ! I'm trying really hard to eat,but I really have no desire for food. You're doing really well managing two meals in a day..my new approach is to see food as medicine and kind of force myself to eat little and often. The only thing I've craved is a big mac and strawberry milkshake..but thats only happened twice. I'm not on meds so for me I think it's pure anxiety affecting my appetite
I'm trying not to worry..my doc isn't concerned .
little and often and the occasional big mac..it's the way forward
X

Good luck xx

petram
13-10-11, 20:00
yep same here too when im happy i eat , when im anxious no bloody chance !! lost a stone in 6 weeks , every cloud i spose although id sooner be fat n happy!! lol x

musiclover
13-10-11, 20:20
Yes I have been anxious/depressed since July and have lost just over 2 stone, but I am a big girl so doctor is happy and has checked by bloods and were all normal.

I would like to repeat the earlier comment about supplements. I take a multivitamin + iron tablet from a major high street chemist each day. This is because a few months ago I had shingles which is due to a low immune system + stress. At this time I was living on cigarettes and coca cola and so my body was probably screaming for some nutrients and hence the low immune system. So now I am eating dinner every day but not always lunch but I know my body is getting some of what it needs. (plus my nails are amazing).

nicola1980
13-10-11, 20:27
yep this is me since i started taking cit!! some days im starving others i can't eat a thing hence the stone ive lost in 5 weeks, my immune system is so low at the min cause of it that ive just been diagnosed with an ear and water infection (my 3rd water infection in 3 weeks) plius water infections heighten my anxiety so ive been a right mess :-(
Nicola xx

sarahlou1983
13-10-11, 20:38
yes water infections do they increase your temperature too which doesnt help..cranberry juice is good for water infection,that helped me drink it neat or diluted......

when i had absolutly had no apetite ,i got told by my doctor just eat alot of a food you like it could anything ,anything down the hatch is how she describes....

nicola1980
13-10-11, 20:42
sometimes when i try to eat all i can do is chew it and not swallow and then start retching :-( horrible xx

sarahlou1983
13-10-11, 21:17
glad im not the only one whos going through this....i take both citalopram and thyroxine and both can affect apetite...... freaking hormones :doh:

nicola1980
13-10-11, 21:30
my only prob now is all my clothes hang off me!! ARGH and i was only a size 10 to start with so it makes me look dreadfull :-( xx

weevil
13-10-11, 23:17
Only the last couple of years has my appetite gone down at all, I pretty much stopped eating but was still drinking tea so I was getting water and I expect an okay amount of calcium from the milk and even something from the sugar but I lost 4-5 stone in a few months and weirdly people were impressed by this instead of concerned. Though since I've often been told I'm too thin and my appetite has gone up and down, sometimes I wouldn't eat for a couple of days and then because it was easier than going out I'd order a big takeaway and eat it all I wouldn't be able to not eat it if it was still sitting there and I'd feel really sick afterwards.

I do really like fruit and veg though so that's a good thing, I'd honestly prefer a salad over a burger.

Littlehelper123
14-10-11, 00:10
Yes! i have days where all i do is eatttt and then i have days like today where ive only eaten two meals and a mars bar... =S lol xx its part of life =)