PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and panic with water/kidney infections??

nicola1980
13-10-11, 21:26
Hi just wondered if anyone else out there suffer bad anxiety, panic and shakes when theyve got a water infecton?? had a kidney infection 3 weeks ago and i was a right mess.....panics, shakes, sick, wasn't sure if it was side effects from starting citalopram 1 and half weeks prior but doc convinced it was infection, had 2 weeks of antibiotics for it!! had a crap day today with panics, shakes, shivers and nausea and again thought it was the cit but after going to doc tonight ive got another water infection along with an ear infection this time :-(, anxiety is thro the roof today and just wondered if anyone else experienced this with water infections?
Nicola xx

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

anyone please???

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

just cant believe a water infection can make u feel so anxious/panicky and shakes/shivers plus the nausea

daisydoo
13-10-11, 21:56
Hi. Any infection will make you feel like that. Especially a uti/kidney infection. Sort of like you have flu. Take some paracetamol it should bring your temp down. Drink plenty and rest. Are they sending your urine sample away to make sure they know what antibiotics it is sensitive to? If not insist it is sent to the lab. If you are anything like me your anxiety us probably making you feel worse as well so try to chill. Get well soon x

cathycrumble
13-10-11, 22:48
Hi just wondered if anyone else out there suffer bad anxiety, panic and shakes when theyve got a water infecton?? had a kidney infection 3 weeks ago and i was a right mess.....panics, shakes, sick, wasn't sure if it was side effects from starting citalopram 1 and half weeks prior but doc convinced it was infection, had 2 weeks of antibiotics for it!! had a crap day today with panics, shakes, shivers and nausea and again thought it was the cit but after going to doc tonight ive got another water infection along with an ear infection this time :-(, anxiety is thro the roof today and just wondered if anyone else experienced this with water infections?
Nicola xx

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

anyone please???

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

just cant believe a water infection can make u feel so anxious/panicky and shakes/shivers plus the nausea

I did and it was the worse thing ever! I had just started citalopram also. I was on 40mg I feel as if the cit had coursed my water infection I was so ill I even weed blood and the anitbiotics weren't helping. I had bawking, pains, felt terrible fear, i was really ill. in that week I went the gps about 4 times until i was told by the walk in centre to go to a&e. which I did and they kept me in for 3 days. I had even got an ambulance out twice in that week as I was so bad but they sent me home with more antibiotics. but it was the out of hours gp who sent me to a&e because I still had blood in my water although it wasn't showing. It was only the once that I actually weed and I had loads of blood, anyway they kept me in. I was so scared and with all the anxiety my blood pressure went up. I had tests when i came out. And I had nothing wrong with me except a simple water infection but I am so certain that the citalopram started it all off. I would say to you DONT PANIC like I did. take you antibiotics and pain killers plenty of water and rest because I think all the panicing I did made me worse. I ended up with having a bit of a phobia about having my blood presure getting taken because a stupid nurse in the hospital kept saying your bp is high which made me worse and I had never been in hospital only to have my 3 children and I hate doctors and hospitals. But really don't panic and drink plenty and above all get plenty of rest and you will be fine I promise.

Cathy xx

nicola1980
14-10-11, 06:16
Thanks for your replys, still very shakey and anxious this morning and trying hard not to bawk!! hoprfully antibiotics should kick in soon.
Nicola xx