PDA

View Full Version : A daft question, but just how ill can anxiety make you feel?

Jamesk
14-10-11, 10:32
I honestly cannot remember the last time I felt well.

I have a fluttering in my chest almost constantly which I fear is my heart, and spend all day every day feeling dizzy/disorientated/out of it.

I am really struggling to concentrate at work, and am struggling to get the computer screen in focus this morning.

Can this really all be in my mind/anxiety:wacko:

emmi
14-10-11, 10:54
yes luv its all anxiety it can make you feel totally crap x

Jamesk
14-10-11, 11:00
yes luv its all anxiety it can make you feel totally crap x

Thanks emmi (I think! :ohmy:)

nicola1980
14-10-11, 11:05
Anxiety is an awful illness and make you feel absoutley dreadful, are you taking any meds for it? Hope u feel better soon. Nicola xx

Jamesk
14-10-11, 11:11
Anxiety is an awful illness and make you feel absoutley dreadful, are you taking any meds for it? Hope u feel better soon. Nicola xx

Thanks Nicola - trying not to take meds - I have had it to a degree for amny years, but I had a really big, non-health related issue early this year and since that it just seems to have intensified out of all proportion.

I guess the thing is it is not a proportionate phenomina.

Thanks for your kind thoughts - it is just useful knowing this is not off the scale.

tobyjug01
14-10-11, 12:01
Hi James. Like you I have had HA for the best part of my life and I am now 38. Anxiety can make you feel really ill,mine really kicked off in June,and now I look back I can see where it all started. What I have done is gone to my Doctor and told him everything,how I feel,what I am scared of,and the fact that I need help,this is a massive part of beating HA,or any anxiety issue. Go and see your GP and tell all,and dont be affraid to tell them what you want and what you need,I did this and am waiting for my course of CBT to start. HA can make you feel a range of symptoms,and the more you think about it the worse it gets. You can only have one thought in your head at anytime,so make it a good one and not about how you feel. Try and get yourself involved in a task or hobbie to take your mind off it and you will find that you will not notice your symptoms and then you can know that you can beat it,and you will,it may take time,but you can and you will,if I can do it so can you. Take each day at a time,try not to think about yesterday and how you felt,or think how you might feel tomorow,small steps first and then you can learn to run. Pm me anytime if I can help you in anyway.

Take care,and try to chill. :yesyes:

carlos2011
14-10-11, 12:37
Hi James. Welcome to the world of anxiety mate. I like yourself have dizzy/disorientated feel 24/7..usually slightly better at night, but not much. I've just started some meds, might be worth a try if things don't improve. I tried my hardest but couldn't cope..CBT didn't work for me, but that might be worth a go too as different things work for some people.

Feel free to PM me too. How old are you by the way? I'm 29, had this brain fog for over 9 months..had blood tests, MRI scan, all fine. I still worry about my health, as I have a lot of eye floaters (started it all off), eyes are fine but got a vitreous detachment in my left eye so lots of threads and rubbish in my vision. So that is constantly stressing me out..so I reached for the meds until I might have surgery next year..

Keep your chin up mate, things will get easier eventually. I have to believe that myself..still dizzy but embracing it now and hopefully in time it will pass..put your faith in your doc and tell him/her everthing..don't be afraid to ask for help.

Cheers

Carl