PDA

View Full Version : BP

countrygirl
14-10-11, 11:18
I thought I had cracked it - wrong! My GP asked me to take my bp over 6 weeks at home and after the first week of having borderline readings and pulse of 100 due to fear of machine I then got used to it and every day my reading/s were normal and pulse down to 70/80 so I hopped back to GP feeling really proud of myself and he said great we won't take it in surgery any more. So I thought my bp is fine and stopped taking it every day. THEN my ectopics went haywire and kept having a racing heart this last week and getting into panic mode and today I thought I will take my bp and soon as I got hold of machine my heart was racing fit to burst and I got reading of 132/94 pulse 86 so still okayish but I stupidly thought I will take it again and by then really stressing and I should not have done that as it was by then 135/106 and pulse 100 eeekkkkkkk.

My lovely husband just laughed and said - well it proves a point that as soon as you feel panicked up it goes with your pulse.

Obviously getting used to the machine helped my readings so I feel I am back to square one again and will take bp every day now and see if it improves again.

countrygirl
14-10-11, 17:56
I just took it again and it was completely normal at 124.68 but my pulse is stratospheric at 124. I am so annoyed with myself that before I picked up the machine my pulse was fairly normal at abut 80 but as the machine was blowing the cuff up I could feel my heart getting faster and faster because I was worried about the reading.

My pulse seems to be directly connected to my anxious brain and goes up and down like a yoyo.

Anyone else suffer like this with racing pulse.

pb
15-10-11, 05:38
I have a bp phobia and only very rarely have my bp taken - the las time it was slightly raised at 152/84 - i think maybe testing at home would be good , if i could just get started without freaking out after the first reading !

b4eve
15-10-11, 12:33
I went to the GPs (nurse practicioner) in February with a rash on my leg (turned out I was allergic to Febreze!) and my BP was bad (my BP's always bad at the doctors, it was probably something like 160/90) but my pulse was extra impressively bad at 130. The nurse went into a bit of a flap and called a GP in who looked back at my previous "form" and suggested anxiety so she let me out with a prescription for an anti-histamine instead of calling an ambulance :D I have a BP monitor at home and now can usually get a sensible reading out of it but like you, even at home, I can sometimes be in a wound-up state and my nervous system will be in overdrive.