PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline side effects 2 days in..bit scary..is this normal?

carlos2011
14-10-11, 12:11
I've only taken it for 2 days and last night was the worst. I went out to a gig and all of a sudden had a massive panic attack and felt spaced out, like I was high, head tingling, dizzy. It eventually got slightly better. Then later on in bed I felt sick and the room span a little bit.

Today I've still got the fuzzy head (no suprise as that's why I was given the medication for anxiety), so I probably can't blame the med's for that. Better than I was last night though a little as I'm at home.

Are the above side effects normal? Do I push on to reap the benefits?

Thanks

Carl

MintyFresh
14-10-11, 22:47
It all sounds very much like what I experienced for the first 8 weeks. TBH, although after 6 months i'm over the worst but I still don't feel that great on it and might ask the doc for something else next week.

petram
14-10-11, 23:08
hi minty same as that can i inbox ya ?? im on sertaline too 25mg , i was on it for years , washed it out me system somehow started taking reg n everythin went through roof ie anxiety n ocd thoughts . i was only feeling a bit sluggish b4 that!!! x

haz
15-10-11, 00:12
It all sounds very much like what I experienced for the first 8 weeks. TBH, although after 6 months i'm over the worst but I still don't feel that great on it and might ask the doc for something else next week.

Maybe try another couple of months?? I've been on it 10 months at 50mg and am only starting to feel a bit better now. I'm gonna try and stick with it as I'm kinda running out of options medication wise without going onto the heavy duty stuff.

Good Luck.

soulsearcher
15-10-11, 01:40
Hi carl

I sometimes have felt like that with Sertraline Two days is not long to be taking it I normally feel very tired at first Give them a bit longer normally four or six weeks for proper effect

carlos2011
15-10-11, 17:36
Thanks guys..I'll stick with it for now, too early like you say. It gives me a weird floaty feeling in bed at night..if that passes and it clears this light headedness I'll be happy