PDA

View Full Version : Peeing all the time!

Itsallinmyhead416
14-10-11, 12:54
Hey everyone just had a quick question that I hope someone could answer for me...basically, I pee all freekin' time! Not sure if its anything to worry about but I've been dealing with Health Anxiety for a couple of years now and I worry about eveything. I'm only 24 years old and I don't know if its something serious. Sometimes when I pee there is a slight pain. It's not unbearable or anything like that just uncomfortable but it happens once in a while. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Anxious_gal
14-10-11, 14:21
It's normal to pee up to 2 liters a day , healthy urine would be a light Amber colour , if it's dark your not getting enough water,
Are you on any meds ? Driking coffee or coke ?

Itsallinmyhead416
14-10-11, 18:36
I drink plenty of water, I'm currently deployed to Iraq so thats pretty much all I drink over here. I do drink coffee in the morning though...the majority of the time my urine is clear. I'm not on any meds

Anxious_gal
14-10-11, 19:11
Do you think you are peeing over 2 liters a day?
Is their a doctor there who could do a medical exam on you?
Stress to can cause you to go to the bathroom much more than normal.
Also if your urine smells sweet it's a sign of diabetes, which causes you to urinate more than normal.

Itsallinmyhead416
15-10-11, 05:40
I'm not sure if I pee more than 2 liters and I don't think its diabetes. I've been tested for this several times because my dad is a diabetic and my grandmother as well, so I know I have to be careful. I pee a lot but I do drink a lot of water. I'm very athletic and eat pretty healthy. It could be stress or anxiousness but I'm not sure. When I do get the urge to go sometimes I can take my mind off of it and I won't have to go as bad...can't really do any test here right now so I guess I'll have to wait until I get back to the states

Greenman50
17-10-11, 00:31
Hi Mate

I think its just what is normal for you . A friend of mine can,t go on a decent car journey of three hours without needing a tinkle and he is only 30 . He is famous for it .

In the uk there was a advert on the TV about the frequent urge to go for a pee and apparantly there is tablets for it IIRC ? I very often need a pee with sudden urgency but it goes away if my mind is on something else and i,m not near a loo , other times i don,t go all day , this must be normal (if this is the right word) for me as i,ve been like this i got dianosed with ibs some 15 years ago so i just accept it as normal for me .
Hope this helps , but get a check up from the dr,s for peace of mind if you are still worried but it sounds normal to me .

Itsallinmyhead416
17-10-11, 12:35
Thanks Mel, that does make me feel a little better...I'll get it check though just in case.