PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm Edward and I'm new to this

Edd13
14-10-11, 17:03
Hi my name is Edward I'm new to this site I have been suffering panic and anaxity since I was 17 I'm now 30 I'm on meds to help but I find they dont have a inpact as it hasnt decreased over the years infact its only increased I had such a hard time to finaly get seen by a mental health team in a crisis situation I take mirtazapine and diazepam the mirtazapine is 45mg and seems to not have impact ive been on them for about a year and a half the diazepam is only in bad situations they seem to work but its only a small fix for that time it dosnt help in the long run this is completely destroying my life I feel so alone with this even tho I have a wonderfull family helping as much as possible I suffer from going out into public places sometimes when realy bad I canot cross the door feels like life is passing me bye and all I'm doing is having a full on battle every minuite everyday I need help tips etc I am dislexic to which dosent help this illness as I feel embarresed as it is so if anyone could give me tips etc would be much apreciated I finaly have a mental heath team but still find everyday a struggle please help if you can... Edward

nomorepanic
14-10-11, 17:06
Hi Edd13

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

oldskoollady
18-10-11, 14:23
Hi edward nice to meet ya ? hope you find happiness

paulst
18-10-11, 15:09
Hi Edward :welcome:Im really glad you found us.

lynn1960
18-10-11, 21:55
where do you live are there any support groups in your area

caroline-j
22-10-11, 18:30
Hi Edward, so soz to hear of your suffering. Living with anxiety is very hard to cope with. Like yourself I have been on anti-depresents Miirtazapine was one of many. The only thing that I found good about the tablet was that it made me have a good nites sleep. Iweaned myself of antii depresents back in may and am trying alternative methods to help. i.e Acupunture, meditation. Im also goimg to give reflexology ago. These alternative methods can work out very expensive, but I was lucky enough to get funded from my Mental Health Team. Ido hope your anxiety lessons for you and so that u get a better quality of life. Stay strong. x