PDA

View Full Version : I'm being really stupid..

Lizziesaurus
14-10-11, 17:17
I'm trying to get pregnant, in secret :shrug:
I know this is just daft and if I'm successful my friends and family will be so annoyed/disappointed.
I just feel I'm ready and it's what I want and that it might really help me. I'm not taking my pill anymore, I took a 7 day break yet had no withdrawal bleed, nearly 14 days after my last pill I still haven't had a bleed, only a few cramps. I don't think I'm thinking straight, I only know this because since I'm now off my venlafaxine my moods up back like it used to be. If it weren't for my boyfriend I'd have spent a fortune in the shops today, I still want to spend money. Basically I'm a little manic! I know it well, I love it but know it's not good for me.

Oh dear, I don't know what to do with myself :scared15:

Anxious_gal
14-10-11, 19:39
OK if you are at the point in your life where you are financially stable and emotionally stable then sure why not.
But unless you have a willing partner it would be best to use a sperm bank, I hope you are not trying to trick a guy into getting you pregnant.
Oh I just read you have a boyfriend...... be prepared for him to hate you if you do not tell him you are trying to get pregnant. You might have a baby but you could lose your boyfriend if you are not honest with him.

If you are manic now, you think everything's a great idea and everything will work out good, what happens if you come down and get depressed?

I think you need to either go back on your meds or talk to a doctor who can asses your mental state and help you make the best derision for you x

mikewales
14-10-11, 19:50
Having a child ( not a baby, or nice fashion accessory ) is a very big commitment for life and something BOTH of you should be involved with. Trying to get pregnant in secret is pretty awful, what are you thinking ?

I think you need to have a sit down a serious think about what you are doing, and not be so selfish

allergyphobia
14-10-11, 19:55
i'm pretty shocked at this post, a baby is not a commodity... please confide in a family member, you need to talk about this.

swgrl09
14-10-11, 20:11
I'm not here to judge, so if you think you are ready, you can make your own decisions. I just suggest you think through everything - pros, cons, commitment for the rest of your life. Also it is not fair to trick your boyfriend. He may not be at a point in his life where he is ready for this commitment, but then is thrown into it without having a choice.

Like Mishel suggested, if it is something that you really are ready for and want to do then I suggest using a sperm bank as well so that your boyfriend is not thrown into fatherhood without being aware or having a choice.

Anxious_gal
14-10-11, 20:11
Please don't be too harsh on her, she said she's come off her meds and feeling a bit manic so she isn't thinking , but she still had the sense to try and get some advice :)

mikewales
14-10-11, 20:20
I dont think using a sperm bank is a particularly good idea, if she does get pregnant how do you think her boyfriend will feel ?

Really she either needs to have a baby with her boyfriend, when they both agree to try, or be single, then she can do what she wants.

ElizabethJane
14-10-11, 21:10
Dear Lizzie I have read some of your posts in the past. It does not sound as if you are in a good place at the moment.You certainly don't sound ready to have a baby. It is all fanciful. I think that you should tell your boyfriend a little about how you are feeling? Being manic is not good for you and before long you will crash. Go to the docs Lizzie. EJ

Anxious_gal
15-10-11, 00:29
I had written the part about a sperm bank, before I read that she had a boyfriend.
But if she is determined to get pregnant which I don't think she actually is, then using a sperm bank, or having the consent of her boyfriend is much better than not informing him she is off birth control and using him to get pregnant.

Yes please go to your doctor x