PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram and Alcohol

Greg1983
22-05-06, 10:59
Is it ok to mix citalopram and Alcohol?

"UNLESS YOU HAVE BREATHED ANXIETY, TASTED ANXIETY AND LIVED WITH ANXIETY YOU DONT KNOW HOW IT FEELS..
NEVER JUDGE AN ANXIOUS PERSON BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW ONE DAY YOU MAY WAKE UP WITH IT YOURSELF..... (Stolen from someone else, can't remember who, but i'm sorry - i just liked it)"

Alexandra
22-05-06, 11:14
Hi Greg

Ive never had any probs with having a drink on tablets (as long as you do'nt be silly with the alcohol in take)

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

trac67
22-05-06, 13:17
Hi,

I am on citalopram and never had any problems, apparently it just makes the alcohol take effect quicker, so you can get wrecked without it costing you so much lol. Seriously though just drink in moderation and you will be fine.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Two heads
22-05-06, 18:52
Hi there!I would agree with trac alcohol takes affect quicker and you may feel drowsy at times.I drink a few times a week but in moderation.I caut take as much as when i waset on meds
.Im on citalopram as well!xx

nomorepanic
22-05-06, 19:01
Ok to drink but don't go totally mad with it.

Nicola

mandie
24-05-06, 01:28
Hi

Im on citalopram and when i drunk to much one night i found i was very anxious and panicky the next day.

Now i just stick to a couple and i am fine

love mandie x

Gibbles
07-06-06, 06:51
The only differences I've found are as follows...........

Intially, maybe the first 4 weeks of taking Citalopram I found that I only need 1/2 to 2/3rds as much alchohol to have the same effect as before I started taking them...........

Whereas before I would polish off 1 bottle of Vodka before going out (33cl) I only needed half a bottle to 2/3rds of the bottle to have the same effect. But this wore off after about the first month and my tolerance went back to what it was before I started my medication

The only other effect I've noticed is that Vodka makes me feel especially rough the next day.....Apparently Citalopram seems to worsen the side effects of hangovers, sick feelings the next day

So my advice is take it easy, and work your way in gradually, you should be fine. Just be sensible until you know what your body can handle

Lyndon :D