PDA

View Full Version : Miss my ex :(

Eva May
14-10-11, 22:00
My boyfriend broke up with me a few months ago but we still see each other and talk, its almost like we've become friends with benefits in reverse. But I miss him so badly as my boyfriend I just keep breaking down in tears. My options are either keep this up or break off all contact and that feels like the worst thing I could do. If I could face up to the panic attacks I know we'd get back together but I just can't and I absolutely hate myself for it. My whole life and everything I want in it is waiting for me but I won't face up to my fears bcos I'm way too scared, yet I'm completely miserable. I want to stop feeling, I want to stop missing him and wanting back what we had :weep:

selphie
14-10-11, 22:49
seems to me if your still seeing each other then maybe you want the same things or maybe it was habit and you cant break it.
its hard when you break up with someone esp when you are used to having them around but if you are missing him as a boyfriend maybe you could give it another go.

how and why did you break up was it coz of your anxiety??
if you dont want to break contact dont it may make you feel worse
you cant just face your fears it aint that easy love if your sad and you miss him tell him but make sure its what you want first.

theres a saying if its yours then it will come back to you if it dosent then it wasent yours to begin withxxxxxx keep me informed all the best:hugs:

Eva May
14-10-11, 23:48
No he doesn't want to get back together. He said it was hard for him to know he couldn't plan trips away for us and he spends majority of his time in college and I can't go as it's too far for me so I suppose we weren't getting to spend an awful lot of time together. He seems to be finding things so much easier than me, I guess he has loads going on what with study and having a life. I really miss what we had and maybe I'm being an idiot bcos he has other big plans and my life is stuck in a big fat rut

Anxious_gal
15-10-11, 00:20
Hey I think you will move on when you are ready, I think that when we don't have much joy in our lives we cling to any shred of happiness we have.
Just work on you and your happiness x
I know that feeling of being stuck, while watching everyone else having lives :(
:hugs:

Eva May
16-10-11, 22:26
But am I delaying the moving on by talking to him everyday and still hanging out? Haven't even put up on facebook that I'm single, just hid my status

Anxious_gal
17-10-11, 01:54
I guess you need to develop interests outside of him,like see your friends,learn a new skills, find something that you enjoy doing.

I guess hanging out with him isn't helping, but only you know if you will be able to let go of him, maybe try reducing the amount of time you spend with him.