PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety

yeoman34
15-10-11, 13:40
really could do with some help if anyone can help me. I am constantly worrying i have a serious health problem, im currently on medication for anxiety and tinitis (proprananol and serc 8) but they dont seem to be working. Nealry every day i check myself for lumps and bumps and also check in my mouth ect. I havent lost weight, got lumps that i can feel or anything but i get a feeling of lightheaded ness, dizzy sometimes, feeling im going to pass out, sickness (god i sound like im mad) :o i sometimes have to make myself be sick to get rid of the feeling of lightheadedness :( i just wish i could stop these feelings. My dr doesnt seem to understand and is not very sympathetic at all and fobs me off all the time. Im actually suffering from agraphobia at teh minute and trying to start going out again but feel all alone and that noone understands :'( sorry to go on

emmi
15-10-11, 16:28
hey hun your not on your own its all anxiety related and depression it sounds like to me i to suffer from what you do and i have good and bad days just keep telling yourself its anxiety nothing life threatening see another doctor too who is more understanding x

yeoman34
16-10-11, 07:22
:bighug1: thanks emmi hun, i have been trying to convince myself there is nothing wrong. For the last month i have kept a diary of how ive been feeling and at teh start the bad days out weighed the good days but now it seems to be the other way round. I really need to get sorted as i cant get out to see my kids plays at school and it really upsets me.x

yeoman34
17-10-11, 06:35
omg had a really bad night last night, was sick and feeling really lightheaded, kept thinking i have stomach cancer or something like that.....i cant keep going on like this :'(

emmi
17-10-11, 06:48
get to your doctor today and get your medicine changed i too cannot do a great deal when my panic attacks are in full swing and i feel upset when i can't take my kids anywhere or even go to their parents evenings you will be ok luv it will pass x

yeoman34
17-10-11, 07:27
i know i need to get to the drs but having a problem etting out the house at the minute hun :( x

Ddcoo
17-10-11, 08:36
Have you got a friend that would go with you to the doctors? You need some support at the moment to help you go outside. I always was so grateful to have someone to go out with me and this helps you gradually to get your confidence back . It sounds as though you do need to go back to the doctors to discuss your medication and I sincerely hope you will be able to sort this out. Let us know how you get on:hugs:

yeoman34
17-10-11, 16:15
:bighug1: thanks Dd my husband says he wil come with me but its just me think i have a phobia of drs now to go with the massive phobia of dentists i have :( think i may need shooting lol. i have managed to walk to the kids school which is just across the road from our house which is a start,x

kinnygirl1
17-10-11, 16:25
You don't need shooting, just need a bit of support at the moment. You are not alone. I used to be afraid to leave the house cos I thought I would faint or have a heart attack but I am starting to overcome it. Maybe your GP will give you a call back if you phone to discuss it and you can make sure you are on the right meds. Things will not always be like this and you will get better. x

Em.ma
17-10-11, 19:28
Hello. Welcome to NMP. your sytmptoms are classic anxiety issues that i think nearly everyone on here has had at some point. It seems serious at the time but anxiety can really bring on all this and make us feel very bad. Distraction is the key and i hope you find support on here and else were to get you through this. Your not alone x :)

yeoman34
19-10-11, 10:38
hi kinnygirl, my dr is useless all i get out of him is i need you to come in to see me!! i have sorted my own couselling out as hes not bothered at all, i really wished i had stayed with my old dr now.x Thank you everyone for all your kind messages and support.xx