PDA

View Full Version : Pains In Chest

oscar1
15-10-11, 20:49
Hi. Ive suffered form panic and anxiety for 2 years now, and the other night I had the worst panic attack ive had since my first ever one. However this was the first time i have ever had pains in my chest. I know this is very common, and since the attack, during which my mum actually called an ambulance I have had my blood pressure checked twice, my blood sugar levels checked, blood tests done, and my oxygen levels checked. The doctor and the paramedics both listened to my heart and everything is fine, all clear absolutely nothing wrong with me physically. But my chest still hurts on and off, somethimes aching, sometimes, but not always a stabbing pain. Is this normal? I had the attack last Tuesday evening, and like I say ive had panic attacks before but never with the pains in my chest, so I can't shake this feeling that soemthing is wrong, despite the fact that with all the tests and everthing the doctor say's I am fine. I guess i'm just looking for a bit of reassurance form some people who have had the attacks with chest pains before. Any replies will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Anxious_gal
16-10-11, 02:01
Blood work to check for enzymes will show if you are having a heart attack.
Also an ECG will show if you are having or have had a heart attack.
With heart attacks the pain may ease off but it will come back much worse.
I would maybe start taking a baby asprin a day as they say it's good for your heart and also doctors tell you take one if you think you are having a heart attack.
Maybe go back to your doctor if you are still worried?
It could just be muscular pain you are experiencing.