PDA

View Full Version : Holiday nerves off on weds....

india
22-05-06, 12:35
Hi all, well i fly to Cyprus on Weds, and am feeling dreadful. Had an appointment with my counseller this morning, but he was ill and had to cancel! Was relying on a last minute prep talk. Just feel overwhelmed with apprehension and have been urging into the toilet all morning.

Any kind words will be very much appeciated.

Love (a very scared) India xxx

Alexandra
22-05-06, 13:39
Hi India

Sending hugs your way ((((((((((((((((((((((India))))))))))))))

Your going to be fine hun (wish i was going to Cyprus too) how lovely for you):)

Have you got a favourite book or magazine you can read to while away the time. I find something like that has always helped me in the past.

Sucking a boiled sweet can help too especially re your ears popping.

Thinking of you

Take Care hun

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

**whenwillthisend**
22-05-06, 14:27
hi im too going on holiday in a couple of weeks and am dreading it...keep thinking what if i have a panic attack...have bad anxiety...feell ill etc...but they are all what ifs!! there is no way i would have booked a holiday if id have felt like this back then...have you any rescue remedy..that could help when you are feeling nervous i take it and it seems to help in away...hope you have a lovely time

Ammeg
22-05-06, 14:37
hey india!!!
sendin u loads of hugs and good thoughts for your journey!! I came back a month ago from cyprus and am sure it was a dream!!!
I spent the week before in the loo- wont go into detail!! lol
U will have a lovely time- have u packed??? have u got magazines and cross word puzzles??? once u get goin i am sure u will be fine!!
have a brill time and let us know how it went!!!
Ammeg
p.s- where in cyprus u goin???

carlin
22-05-06, 14:46
Hi there, I can promise once on the flight you will be fine, its the thoughts that do our brains in! Take lots of back 'equipment' as has been suggested.(Books, mags, water, rescue remedy, mints, i.pod ect) The last time i flew, i looked through all the old posts on this site connected to flying/holiday and my specific symptoms, and printed them off, (sad i know) but i thought i could read through them at any stage and feel re-assured that i would be fine, and I was. Have a fantastic time and i am in no way jealous! (well not much anyway) xx

joolsukuk
22-05-06, 14:52
hi,
im so envious wish i was going! like the others say its the thoughts before that get us!! once your on your way youll be fine ..have a wonderful time you lucky thing..tell us how itwent and how much fun you had when you get back ..big hugs to keep you going till your on your way
((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

jools xx

india
22-05-06, 16:19
Thanx for your replies! I have a bag containing rescue remedy, beta blockers and diazapam, thats even before i get to the airport bar!!! Will prob get refused to board at this rate!! I know deep down i will be ok once there, i have even got Claire Weekes cd, 'going on holiday' to listen to on my personal cd player, yes i'm Miss organized alright! Just want to get there, and get on with it, waiting is the hardest thing isn't it?

Ammeg, i'm going to Pathos, no Ayia Naper for me anymore! not with 2 kids in tow!

Thanks again India xxx

Alexandra
22-05-06, 16:32
Hi India

Sounds like you are pretty much prepared.
As you say its counting the hours etc that get the nerves going but you will be just fine & we are all looking forward to hearing about your trip when you get back.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Ammeg
22-05-06, 17:18
oh india!!
i went to paphos- it was really nice!! very relaxed and nice atmosphere!! your gonno have the best time!!! Where u stayin?? yes i know i am very nosey!! lol
Ammegx

india
23-05-06, 11:50
Hi, i'm staying at kefalos beach village. Only 1 day to go... Trying to pack everything and clean the house today. Took my dog to the kennels today, felt very sad and was very anxious, couldn't concentrate on what the owner was saying at all. Don't think he noticed tho. Will try to relax tonight and think about how lucky i am! Isn't it sad how we dread these things that other people would look forward to.

Love India xx

darkangel
23-05-06, 12:07
hi india

enjoy, enjoy, enjoy

I wish u all the best and keep remembering any time the thoughts of fear or panic arise just change it to be excitement - it worked for me.

You seem really prepared so just go for it india

Hope u packed your bucket and spade LOL

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Miss Pink
23-05-06, 15:39
Hi India,

Just wanted to say that I hope you have a nice holiday [8D] ! Why not think of it as some well needed relaxation, time to do some reading, relaxing etc (if I think about hols that way - as a "therapy" - it always seems a little easier)

Anyway, have a great time ! Let us know how you get on

‹(•¿•)› Rachael xx ‹(•¿•)›

marie ross
23-05-06, 16:01
Hi India,

Hope you have a brilliant holiday (i'm sure you will!!!!)

I went to cyprus minus my two kids and i had a brilliant time, did'nt think i'd get on the plane but after a few shandies i was fine and the flight was over before i knew it. I can understand how nervous you must be feeling, but you'll be fine honestly its just the build up.

Take care, and don't get sunburn!!!!!!!!!!

Marie XXX

pips
23-05-06, 23:12
Hi India,

I hope you have a Fab time hun.[8D] You sound like me I have a anxiety bag packed for Ireland to! LOL You have all the right things packed so that's great.;)

Try not to worry anticapatory anxiety is always the worst though hey.[}:)]

Good Luck and I'll look forward to hearing about it on return.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X X X

india
24-05-06, 11:09
Well, thats it, i'm off, no going back now!! Feeling strangely calmer this morning, but WELL prepared for the onset of panic en-route! Thank you for all your replies, they have really helped me.
Will be back in 2 weeks to show you all my tan!!!

Love India xxx

bobsy
25-05-06, 08:26
youre probably there now when ive wrote thie message and starting to relax and enjoy yourself. Hope you you have a brill time. Can i ask where do you get the claire weeks holiday CD from and does anybody no if its good. Im off away in 5 weeks AAARRR

Winners never quit and Quitters never Win

bobsy