PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sick

SickofIt
22-05-06, 12:48
For the past couple days, I have noticed that I start to feel nauseous in the morning, but not right upon waking; usually it's a little while after I eat some breakfast. I have been under some unusual stress lately, but in the past, I have never had nausea as a symptom of stress or panic.

Now today, I have a bad sore throat that I think is caused by being outside all day yesterday (the pollen from the trees), but it is making me feel somewhat panicked. Part of the problem today is that I woke up at 3am, which is not usual, went back to sleep, got up at 6am and then went back to sleep for about an hour. My head feels heavy and I'm still tired.

Dan21
22-05-06, 14:30
Hey there,

I was feeling just like this over the weekend. Really had no appetite and feeling a bit sickly when I had got going in the morning.

I really tried hard to push on through it and figured that I would get hungry soon enough. I find the trick is to only eat what you really feel like eating.

D

-----------------------------
I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

jackie
22-05-06, 17:02
i have only not so long ago had the symptoms of sickness. i was convinced it was heart related or a ulcer, but have been told it is just another sign, one i was not expecting though so i was afraid just like you are

it is sooo bad today just like you describe

take care

jackie

smiffie
22-05-06, 19:36
If you cant sleep, please talk to your GP about it, if you dont get a good 6-8 hours uninterupted sleep your brain and body dont recharge and you will find that your worry will increase with less sleep starting the downward sprial of panic which will increase your chances of feeling sick, its just a sprial you have to try and brake. Trust me I was there just last week.

Here's what I do...

Banana's are great for breckie while on the way in as they are slow burners and dont need much digestion, plus they fill you up nicely, i have two in the car on the way in to work, and try some brunch bars about 10.30am, have smaller lunches ad main meals, and eat when you want to to...

Dont be scared, its just your body reacting to lack of sleep and panic.

Chin up..

Smiffie

marie ross
22-05-06, 19:41
Hi,

I went through a period of feeling really sick in the morning, and sometimes was actually sick (thought i was pregnant again) It was just anxiety, and like Richard i will try and eat something (bananas are great to settle your stomach) even though eating is the last thing i feel like doing.

Take care.

Marie XXX

PurpleRain
22-05-06, 20:28
Hi
Ive also had alot of nausea recently but am starting to accept its yet another symptom of anxiety.
I felt sick whilst out one day so to add to my list of worries was being sick in public. Then felt sick constantly but now ive realised its only as i step out the door my nausea comes on strongly so im putting it down to anxiety and worry of being sick in public. Anyway now im more relaxed knowing its down to worry so the nausea is passing!

Hope you feel better soon!
Take care x

AngieC
22-05-06, 21:54
Nausea is one of my main problems. I have a real fear of being sick and I believ this is what started my panic in the first place. I started feeling ill after eating and that led to the old 'what if it happens again' scenario. Of course it did as I was thinking about it whenever I ate.

Now, my panic will be triggered by suddenly feeling nauseous, it feels like a wave coming over me. But my therapist made a very good point. She asked me when was the last time I was sick, let alone sick in public. And I can honestly say I haven't been sick since I was 16. That was 13 years ago! So every time I start to feel sick, as bad as I feel, I remind myself of this and try and sit it out.

I agree with smiffie. Bananas are definitely good. And those breakfast bar things. Also eating little and often is good if you're not up to having a full stomach. If you're stomach's in knots because you're stressed, you're bound to feel a bit quesy. Tiredness doesn't help me either. I always feel worse if i'm tired.

Hope you feel better very soon.

Take care x