PDA

View Full Version : can it be a cyst on your hairline even if it doesnt move??

swgrl09
16-10-11, 13:44
for about a month ive had a small peasized painless bump on the back of my neck at my hairline, sometimes it goes down with heat compresses but comes back. i would think its a sebaceous cyst but it doesnt move when i try to move the skin around like other cysts i have... but then again theres a lot less skin and flesh. think its a cyst or something i should be worried about???

countrygirl
16-10-11, 19:05
Personally I would wait and see if it gets any bigger as anything infected or nasty will get bigger and if it stays the same then just mention it to your Dr next time your there but don't rush off in a panic.

I had a white lump on my cheek that was blocked seb gland and I had it for years and years getting slowly bigger and one day it dropped off!

swgrl09
17-10-11, 13:00
You're right, it must be a blocked seb gland considering the area, i do have oily skin anyway and have been breaking out a lot recently due to a lot of stress. I've got an appointment in 2 weeks so if it's still lurking around, I'll ask the doc then. It really is pretty tiny, just any time a lump/bump isn't particularly mobile I get nervous!! Thanks for the input though.