PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone :)

vitaluna_
17-10-11, 01:42
Hiya,

I'm Katherine, I'm 17 years old, and I came across this forum by searching on Google for something like how to reduce anxiety or something like that. I doubt anyone will actually read/reply to this, but oh well :)

A little background information on me is needed I think :D well, I have depression, I suspect I'm developing an eating disorder, and I have pretty bad anxiety which has got steadily worse over the last few weeks. I actually suspect I have bipolar and not depression, but that's another story. I also suffer from Aspergers syndrome, but I don't really find that it affects me, I don't have it bad at all thank god, otherwise my problems would be much worse probably.

I'm due to start a DBT (dialectical behaviour therapy) course on the 26th October so it will be interesting to see what comes from that.

I signed up tonight, because I can't take this feeling of being alone. I feel like no one understands what it's like to be so terrified of something that the next person would think is irrational. :scared10:

I know I may only be seventeen years old, but I'm mature beyond my years (at least I think so...... :roflmao:) and I would love to become a regular on this site.

So to whoever's reading this, HI! :yesyes: and you're all beautiful, stay strong. (just felt the need to say that!) :noangel:

nomorepanic
17-10-11, 01:44
Hi xkatherinerose

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Rous
17-10-11, 01:55
Welcome Katherine. :welcome:

You're certainly not alone as you'll see elsewhere on the site.:winks:

And being as young as you are with anxiety etc. isn't uncommon, I was in my pre-teens when I realised that I was having bad anx times in my life. :blush:

You'll find many kind & friendly folk with similar situations as yourself here. I hope the DBT goes well for you. :yesyes:

Once again, welcome to NMP! :bighug1:

Take care & be safe.

Rous.:shades:

Bravedart
17-10-11, 12:36
Hey Katherine and :welcome:

You will find many likeminded people here and hopefully meet some friends along the way :D . Most folks here will be able to empathise with your situation so I hope you take comfort and gain strength in knowing that :winks:

Be cool :shades:

Brave

paulst
17-10-11, 22:35
Hi Katherine :welcome:to the forum, im glad you found us.:)

gemmahorse14x
20-10-11, 19:06
Hi Katherine you know who I am haha but just to say I'm really proud of you for making this account it will help many people :D stay strong baby love you

can't wait for tomorrow!!
Gems xxxx