PDA

View Full Version : Cost of CBT

sandi9
22-05-06, 15:40
Does anyone know how much a session of CBT costs if you go private? I don't really want it on my medical notes, which it will be if I go to my GP.
There is a therapist in my town that I'm thinking of seeing but I don't want to re-mortgage my house to pay him!!

On the other hand I think it would be worth any amount of money to stop feeling like this:(

Quirky
22-05-06, 15:49
Hi there,

CBT costs really seem to vary from area to area, I paid £95 a session (an hour) when I went privately. At the time most CBT in my area was £120 plus. The cheapest I have since seen in my area is £75 a session. In some areas others seem to have got it for less though.

Good luck,

Lisa

giddy
22-05-06, 16:40
Hi Sandi - I paid £80(I think!) for a home visit. It was slightly cheaper if I went to him. I only saw him once as I didn't feel comfortable with him.
Have a look on http://www.babcp.org.uk/ you can find a therapist and e-mail them to find out about fees.
Love Helen

Munchkin
23-05-06, 11:43
hi there,

i'm currently having CBT at £47 per session. the price seems to range greatly, in my experiance anything from £40 - £150 is about normal. some theapists have a sliding price scale, mine did and has dropped the cost for me. good luck
xx

"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"