PDA

View Full Version : Bit of an embarrasing one...

Jackboyh
22-05-06, 15:56
Maybe one for the guys, but since coming off my Escitalopram whether its as a result of sex or a solo effort [:I] when it comes to the 'crescendo' shall we say, I seem to have bizarre full body muscle spasms, looking a bit like im fitting but im fully concious in my head.

I read up on this and it said it can happen to people coming off SRIs etc but I didnt know if there was some sort of remedy for this or if it is something that goes away in time?

Sorry if some arent comfortable with this sort of thing, but I need to know...

Cheers

Jackboyh
22-05-06, 18:28
No one knows then...

wendy
22-05-06, 19:38
Hi

I have read that Anti depressant withdrawl can have these effects(obviously been female cant share personal experience!!)

Would guess that once you have the meds out of your system things will return back to normal for you

May be worth a quick mention to your doc just to re-assure yourself

Wendy x

Jackboyh
22-05-06, 20:47
Thanks Wendy, I was embarrased enough saying that on here let alone to a doctor... but probably for the best...I'm not a prude I'm just erm... I dunno

Thanks anyhoo

Jackboyh
25-05-06, 20:29
Well by now the med should be out of my system and its getting worse, nearly passed out earlier whole upper body spasming, gasping for breath.

I know its not a psychosematic thing its too strong for that.

Really freaked my gf

Please if anyone knows anything can you help me

I'd rather not go back to the docs

Sorry to moan, but this is worrying me a bit

TangledUpInBlue
28-05-06, 23:37
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Well by now the med should be out of my system and its getting worse, nearly passed out earlier whole upper body spasming, gasping for breath.

I know its not a psychosematic thing its too strong for that.

Really freaked my gf

Please if anyone knows anything can you help me

I'd rather not go back to the docs

Sorry to moan, but this is worrying me a bit

<div align="right">Originally posted by Jackboyh - 25 May 2006 : 21:29:39</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
What you could do is, get the phone number of a pharmacist.

The one at your local hospital, there may even be one on the leaflet you get with your medication.

You can phone, and they will tell you about side affects etc.

If you don't like doing it, maybe your girlfriend will do it.

There may even be an email address you can contact.

I'm pretty sure, in time, you will be fine, It can take weeks for your body to settle down after coming off medication.

"When I smile, tell me some bad news,
Before I laugh and act like a fool".

Jackboyh
31-05-06, 00:10
Cheers tangled, however I have managed to find out some info but could any of the experts on here tell me if this likely given my situation, which is recently coming off Cipralex for anxiety

"Upon ejaculating, he experienced an abrupt drop of the neurotransmitters acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin and the hormone testosterone in the brain and an excessive conversion of dopamine-norepinephrine-epinephrine (adrenalin) in the brain and adrenal medulla. As a result, the Central Nervous System contains excessive cortisol that induced initial Euphoria followed by subsequent depression and then lowered the threshold for seizure activity, resulting in the instability of his brain.
Here is his sexual response to orgasm (ejaculation):
Orgasmic Stress =&gt; Dopamine-adrenalin conversion =&gt; Stimulating Central Nervous System =&gt; Hypothalamus ==(CRF)==&gt; Anterior Pituitary ==(ACTH)==&gt; Adrenal Cortex =&gt; secreting Androgen, Aldosterone and Cortisol,
where Cortisol, in turn, floods and inhibits the Central Nervous System, Hypothalamus and Anterior Pituitary. Thus, excessive adrenalin triggers the flooding of excessive Cortisol into his brain."

Does this make sense to anyone?

Certainly doesnt me

But I failed science :D