PDA

View Full Version : IF YOU PANIC THEN DO IT AGAIN

mirry
22-05-06, 17:01
Today i took the kids to the local shops after school,
we went in a newsagents and i was ok,
then we went into the £1 shop and went i paid for my goods i took a terrible panic and couldnt pay the lady quick enough.

Then i decided because i took a panic i must go and buy something else straight away and go back to the same check out which i did,
this time i didnt take a panic at all !

We then went to the local chemist and i was ok in there too.

I really belive if you panic then you must stay in the atmosphere and not run and keep doing it until it gets easier , otherwise we will panic ,run home and never return again:(

Im feeling very drained but pleased i didnt let it beat me (even tho i had a severe panic attack:D

mirryx

jackie
22-05-06, 17:04
well done mirry, do you think the change of diets working

jackie

india
22-05-06, 17:11
Well done Mirry! I agree its better to stay in a stressfull situation else you will avoid going back in case it happens again. Now your experience of that shop is a positive one!

Excellent advice, India xx

Peru83
22-05-06, 17:36
Well done mirry, couldn't agree more :D

Take Carexx

Claire

onwards and upwards

giddy
22-05-06, 17:36
Hi Mirry - well done you. I agree completley with what you say. Running away just feeds your anxiety and keeps those negative thoughts that you'll panic in certain situations. Just think how much easier it will be next time:D
Love Helen

Dan
22-05-06, 18:15
well done
i agree completetly by carrying on you are saying up y##rs to the panic attack next time it might not bother you so much
face and float says clare weekes as you probably no
easier said than done but we must keep trying
Dan

Wenjoy
22-05-06, 18:26
Hey well done - I agree with what you say. I usually walk round and round the shop til the panic passes and again round and round if it comes back (even when I have to leave a queue and pretend I forgot something and then return to the checkout when its empty!"!!!) Keep on goin. Love Wenjoy x

mirry
23-05-06, 07:26
yes we can do it!

I used to get very tearful if i had a panic after a good run but now I know the score.it comes and goes, its normal for me, its only adrenalin and it cant harm me.
Dont know why i used to get tearful ?
Does any one else get tearful ?

mirryx

hayles
23-05-06, 09:04
Great stuff mirry x

Hay x

Barb
23-05-06, 10:16
I always cry if I fail ( which is most of the time) lately. I have suffered anxiety, panic and agoraphobia for 23 years probably because I always run away when the panic hits me even though my daughter is always with me. Well done Mirry,wish I had your courage.

Love Barb xxx

Piglet
23-05-06, 14:01
Well done Mirry - go you!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Barb you are just as couragous hun. as we all are in our own little ways - keep plodding on mate. :D

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

marie ross
23-05-06, 16:09
Hi Mirry,

I read your post yesterday, and today i went into a shop i hate going into, i hung around the exit just to see how i was feeling when i started feeling panicky i made myself go further and further in, i did'nt buy anthing but i did it. Thanks Mirry.

Take care.

Marie XXX

emster
23-05-06, 21:05
Mirry! youre a GENIUS!!!!
im going to try your method next time (if im brave enough), youve inspired me.
well done you!

JayK
24-05-06, 11:17
Mirry, I believe you are right about this.
I think the only reason I (and others) dont keep going back is because it can tire you out alright hehe.
But
Im convinced you have the answer and the key seems to be going back bolder and bolder each time.
Dont go back 'beaten' down and more timid but go even harder to the situation.
Dont get me wrong - this isnt necessarily fun for us but I know I was surprised by a 'flashback' or 'setback' panic attack I had this weekend... I insist on returning each day now to the same place... even for just one item.

Good on you.. you just doubled your recovery (if not more) with this.
Id say tripled your recovery time!

Lucy36
24-05-06, 13:04
hi Mirry.

WELL DONE

If you keep it up and not run away at all from it, then your a winner and it does get easier believe me ive been there...

every time i walk into anywhere at all panic or no panic i make sure i get what im in for.. if i do panic i go to the nearest exit but will i hell leave that shop until i control the panic..

keep up the good work
love lucy xx

mirry
24-05-06, 13:04
ahhhhhh , bless you all for the kind words and encouragement:D

Barb, you are just the same as me so you can do it too !
----------------------------------------------------------------
Marie...YOU GO GIRL !!! fantastic news...even if you dont spend just be a browser becasue thats better than never going to the shops isnt it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The worst thing for me is knowing ive taken a panic in a shop and dread going back there . But this idea is, as soon as youve taken the panic attack go back in straight away (there and then) so when you go home you wont be left with that dread because you can say to yourself.......
"i took a panic and it didnt stop me at all going back there!

REMEMBER "WHAT DONT KILL YOU , MAKES YOU STRONGER"

P.S i went in the same shop again this morning with no panic:D

mirryx

Munchkin
24-05-06, 14:30
well done Mirry! you go for it!

and Barb, you will get there, we just all move at a different pace.
xx

"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Barb
24-05-06, 15:36
I know this isnt my post but thanks Mirry, Piglet and munchkin for your kind words. Went for a run with my daughter lunchtime with hell unreality but stuck it out and didnt panic. You have inspired me Mirry.

Barb xxx

alexis
24-05-06, 17:22
Interesting post, I am at the moment.. going through exposure therapy, I have been told I should not leave the situation, I have a daily diary to fill in and weekly appointments with cmht, on many occassions Ive failed and left but if I have stayed it does work. I can see by my diary it works. although sometimes the next time I cant stay again.Hopefully as she says the times of leaving will become less and less. So if you can stay then stay.:D
Clear as mud???

mirry
24-05-06, 17:49
Alixis , i am also doing exposure therapy and have to keep a daily diary,
im finding doing the diarys and my mindfulness is keeping me busy.

Barb, keep letting us know you get on ! there will be good and bad times/ups and downs but just keep remembering the good times ....
we can all retrain our minds together ;)

mirryx

mirry
26-05-06, 07:54
collected my daughter from school yest on my own,
i usually fly in there full speed and out again but instead i went in there nice and slow and when i felt uncomfortable i went right into the thick of the crowd.......got talking to another mum and then my daughter came out and we left nice and slow...........:D

mirryx

bobsy
26-05-06, 14:27
just wanted to add my litle bit on this thread

well done mirry you are doing sooooo well. I mean getting in the thick of it when you feel anxious what courage you have. I wish I could do that but im afraid i tend to come out of it. errrr

Winners never Quit and Quitters never Win

take care

bobsy

Jools
26-05-06, 16:05
Wanted to buy a back pack sprayer to get rid of some weeds from the Garden. Went into Machine Mart cacking myself. But got the item went to the till (3 blokes there) and paid by card. I always find paying by card harder than cash as it takes longer. Was panicking but didn't back out (though I wanted too). Would have been hard to go back in and buy another item though... don't need a cement mixer LOL

Barb
26-05-06, 16:25
Well daughter had the day off so I decided to get started, went to a garden centre went on my weak legs and bought plants and shrubs, dropped them home and went straigh to a farm shop bought more plants and veg, then went a 3rd small gardn centre didnt buy anything but got out, went for a drive and come home with no nerves WOW!!! just feel a bit weary, going to try and keep it up.

Love Barb xxx