PDA

View Full Version : panic, anxiety

ali786
31-08-03, 10:59
Hello everyone,
I am in Karachi, Pakistan, a married 34 years of male, suffering from severe anxiety, panic attacks, suffocation (breathlessness), depression, mental exertion/exhaustion, vertigo/diziness and sometimes palpitation (nearly 200 beats/minute).
I am suffering from these conditions for the last 5 years.
Few years back, I have consulted with a psychiatrist who gave me Xanax and Clomfranil. For the time being, I temporarily recovered from my illness but it re-occurs after every few months.
Despite I am taking Xanax (0.25 mg thrice a day) and Clomfranil/Anafranil (25 mg thrice a day) these days for 4 months, but still I am completely house-bound and cannot go for work or shopping.
Few examples of my condition for 5 years are:

Sometimes it feels that I would collapse and fall down (nervous breakdown).
Uncontrolled and very weak nerves.
Fear of death.
I dislike to go in public places or even for work. Always like to be at home. Extremely pressurized and heaviness of the head.
Nearly get collapsed if hear any bad news.
Impatient, restless and nervous.
Irregular heart beat. (sometime it suddenly reaches at 200/minute and sometime 60/minute)
I am not able to fully enjoy my married life.

With thanks.
Sincerely,
Muhammad Ali
ali786@akunet.org

P.S: I don't take alcohol, caffeine or nicotine.

bishop
31-08-03, 19:34
hi muhammand
im fellow sufferer as well,remember thing are going too get better
live each day as it comes,tomorrow a better day,think positive.
bish

nomorepanic
06-09-03, 18:22
Hi Muhammad

Have you tried any counselling such as CBT or psychotherapy. Both helped me a lot.

Another thing that may help is Hynotherapy.

Kee you chin up and you will get there in the end.

Nicola

Jtravelgirl93
21-12-14, 22:29
hi I'm jess i suffer from severe anxiety and depression x

Catherine S
21-12-14, 22:37
Jessica, it might be better to start your own thread and introduce yourself that way, as some of the threads you have replied to, as well as being from earlier this year, are also many years old. Let us know if you need help to start a new thread.

ISB x

GfunkAnxiety
22-12-14, 18:23
Your name is badass man! Muhammed Ali!

I am also suffering with similar things. I feel your pain brother.