PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks and being cold

Dan
22-05-06, 18:13
hi all
just wondering if anyone else gets really cold when they feel anxious
i used to get hot but now i seem to really cold which i find a bit unnerving
which obviously makes the anxiety worse
also would anyone else agree that panic attacks can be different sometimes they are short and very intense sometimes last longer but don't well up my body ( if that makes sense) just less intense but constant anxious feeling of fear and impending disaster
sorry for waffling just ranting and want reassurance not the only one
thanks
Dan

Alexandra
22-05-06, 18:26
Hi Dan

Yes im the same as you when i get anxious re the horrible cold feeling. Also agree with the panic attacks too.

Your not alone hun.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Daisybun
22-05-06, 18:38
Yep I get cold, and can't seem to warm up.

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

MrMonkey
22-05-06, 19:02
Yup, it's all anxiety and it hits us in a variety of ways. I've gone hot and cold many times and thought I was ill but its just stress playing with ya.

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

marie ross
22-05-06, 19:29
Hi Dan,

I'm the same as MrMonkey when i'm anxious and panicky i can either get really cold or go the other way and get far to hot.

Take care.

Marie XXX

katies
22-05-06, 19:29
Hi

I def suffer with the coldness too ! Especially after a panic attack, shiver for hours.

XXX Katie S XXX

bernadette
22-05-06, 20:00
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Dan,
hi dan my name is bernadette but i get detty for short i also suffer with panic attacks but i get really hot

I'm the same as MrMonkey when i'm anxious and panicky i can either get really cold or go the other way and get far to hot.

Take care.

Marie XXX

<div align="right">Originally posted by marie ross - 22 May 2006 : 20:29:18</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

PurpleRain
22-05-06, 20:48
Hi
Yeah i get really hot or really cold whilst panicing, if there is the slightest chill in the air when i start to panic then i will be shivering and vice versa if its warm while panicing then i burn up..
Also yes sometimes my panics can last for only a minute whilst others can last for hours intensity varying!

God i hate the unpredictableness of panic!!:(

Hope u feel better soon
Take care x

Paddington
24-05-06, 18:01
this is an interesting thread.I often get frustrated with the hot/cold 'thing',but this has helped me see it is part of the anxiety state!I get soo cold at times i feel cold on the inside too,but then there are other times when i am way toohot and this makes me panic far more than the cold feeling??Good to know we not alone hey guys.love mary-rose.xxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Dan
24-05-06, 19:58
THANKS FOR REPLYING EVERYONE
FUNNY MARY ROSE BUT BEING COLD SEEMS TO MAKE ME MORE PANICKY YET I ACEPT BEING HOT AS PART OF MY ANXIETY ARENT WE A FUNNY BUNCH
THANKS AGAIN
DAN

Paddington
24-05-06, 23:08
too true Dan,but we are rather fab too,ha ha ha ha!!Can u imagine us all in the same room?some wrapped in blankets others with a hand held fan,all runnin round like headless chickens,ha ha ha,hey it's good to talk aye!Love mary-rose.xxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Dan
25-05-06, 10:11
good god imagine how funny
thanks for bringing a smile to my face
if we cant laughat ourselves eh!!!
Dan

lotus
26-05-06, 10:42
Hmm ... it depends. Sometimes I feel hot, sometimes cold, and sometimes I feel kinda hot and cold at the same time! LOL And yeah, panic attacks can be very different from one another, it's totally normal.

Jools
26-05-06, 16:00
Yeah I can get cold and start shivering when Anxious... but can get hot waves over my back when panicking! LOL