PDA

View Full Version : dizziness/meds/anxiety question

aldupre
22-05-06, 20:15
As I'm ure most of you are WELL aware, I've been suffering with vertigo/dizziness for the past 5 weeks, today. I got a CLEAN MRI and the ENT diagnosed me with benign positional vertigo and sent me to physical therapy. I've heard that the PT helps 90% of patients right away. Of course, I wasn't one of them. The PT gave me a list of exercises to do at home which he says helps the remaining 9%. Seems to be 1% missing. Also, I only had nystagmus (eye movement) once when doing PT and I'm feeling unsteady when walking which the PT says is "weird" (the walking thing; he said the no nystagmus was good b/c it means things have "calmed down") Have any of you just felt unsteady/wobbly when walking? Can someone please convince me I don't have a fatal neurological illness? Has anyone had bppv and not responded that well to PT? I'm beginning to freak out AGAIN. Thanks for any replies

Thanks guys,

April

marie ross
22-05-06, 20:32
Hi April,

Yep, i'm always feeling unsteady and wobbly, but please don't worry if you've had a clear MRI, everything is well for you and you are receiving the proper treatment. I'm always feeling dizzy (feeling dizzy right now and i'm only sat down typing), but thats due to my high aniety. Please don't worry everything will be fine.

Take care.

Marie XXX

Dan
22-05-06, 22:41
hi
i used to feel dizzy with anxiety not so much now really in fact hardly ever
just try to ignore it easier said than done i no but try and eventually it will not be there one day without you even realising honest
take care
Dan