PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound today-Freaking out!!!

Mark801
19-10-11, 17:55
Hey guys, so I'm on my way to the docs for an abdominal ultrasound. A few months ago I had blood work. Everything was fine except for the elevated liver enzymes.

I'm beyond terrified that something is wrong and that the doc will tell me I'm sick or something. I'm only 21 years old.

Can anyone help? :weep:

macc noodle
19-10-11, 18:00
Be strong and brave and get it done.

Once you get the results you can take it from there.

You can get elevated enzymes for all sorts of reasons - even if you are overweight or say undiagnosed diabetic. Or just had too much alchohol.

Let the docs do their work and get you better.

Macc Noodle
xx

Trevstan
19-10-11, 18:17
Good luck.

I had an ultrasound on my liver due to my ALT level being very high, turned out it was fatty liver and just changed my diet and lost some weight and it lowered itself down.

eva82
19-10-11, 18:56
I had an abdominal ultrasound a few moths back because I was having a lot of stomach pain and I had convinced myself I had something horrible going on inside ... The ultrasound procedure itself was very easy and pretty fast. My results were normal, although they wouldn't tell me anything right there I had to wait a week or so to get the results from my doctor. The waiting period was the worse part of the whole ordeal for me. Just remember, the chances of it being something really sinister is extremely low. Keep us posted on your results ... Good luck! :)

Mark801
19-10-11, 19:32
Hey guys so I just got back and I was a total mess.

The doc and technician had to calm me down as I was in for a surprise.

They also did an ultrasound of my heart :ohmy:

I thought it was just an abdominal but my GP told the technician that since I was doing an abdominal ultrasound that she wanted a chest one as well.

I completely freaked out and she told me that it was just for my peace of mind.

Anyways the technician saw my panic and the whole time she was talking to me as she was doing the chest/abdominal ultrasound.

She did the chest one first and told me my heart was fine and she also told me that my kidneys and spleen and lost importantly my liver(reason for ultrasound) was perfect.

I won't get the result back in about a week to two weeks, but do you guys think the technician was lying just to calm me down. I mean do you think she meant everything was fine when she said it was fine?

I'm sorry guys I'm just a bit freaked out as it was my first panic attack during an exam and now is the worst part after an exam, THE WAITING GAME.....:wacko:

swgrl09
19-10-11, 19:33
No, they can probably get in big trouble if they say that to you and it is not the case. I would believe her! Because of lawsuits and stuff, they must really mean it if they say it.

eva82
19-10-11, 19:51
They wouldn't lie..im sure you are going to be just fine! Be proud of yourself that you got through it and didn't back out or cancel. :)