PDA

View Full Version : Hello again

danoxford
20-10-11, 04:07
Hi,

I have used this forum a little in the past, mostly as a lurker and reading some posts at times of real anxiety and need. I'm 23, I work for a national bookmakers (as in betting not reading) and I like football, poker and horse racing. I'm also an absolute Countdown addict.

I've been a serious sufferer of emetophobia for as long as I can remember. I have managed to have a quite normal (ish) teen/early 20s life around my panic and anxiety.

However, in the last 2-3 years my phobia has worsened, especially in the last year. I posted on here a while ago whilst I was living with my girlfriend and her young son, which exacerbated the problem as I was/am living in constant panic that her son will pick up a bug from school. I am now living with friends in another house, but I'm still with my girlfriend. I almost lost her due to my phobia.

General anxiety has started to take over my life. I used to just have a phobia that mainly affected me when I came into some contact with sickness. I panicked about other things sometimes and linked it with the phobia but most of the time I could carry on normal daily life.

But now I am creating my own narrative to life through my phobia. I panic daily about catching something that will make me sick. For years, as long as I can remember, I have sort of controlled my phobia and panic, but I really do feel that it's getting away from me and taking a hold of me now.

But really, this was meant to be a hello! Because I intend to take a lot more notice of this forum from now on, as reading some of your posts tonight has taken my mind off of my own problems. I remember the night I registered on here, it must be 6/7 years ago now. There seem to be some great people around on here, and I would love to be a part of this forum.

So hi!

nomorepanic
20-10-11, 04:09
Hi danoxford

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes