PDA

View Full Version : neck and top shouler tension

tt
22-05-06, 23:39
I have had the neck tension and between shoulder tension for about 3 years. I have never been totally anxiety free either. Every now and then I really wonder what is wrong here. How can it last soo long.
Has anyone else has it this long?
Mine gives me a head ache in the back of my head. It makes my jaw and temples hurt. I always wonder if I need to maybe get some x-rays.

I was in a car accident 4 years ago and wonder if it that, but massage and chiropractors say I am tight and they cannot always get my muscles to relax, they say they fight them.

Thank you for listening,
TT.

TT:)

Daisybun
23-05-06, 09:10
Could be recurring injury from whiplash but muscle tension in neck and shoulders is typical anxiety symptom, I've had it for years, some days better than others. I've had mild worry, stress and anxiety on and off for years and that was one of the symptoms. try and deal with it by relaxing and loosening up this area. I use aromatherapy to try and relax mind and body.
take care

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

SarahLouise
23-05-06, 12:33
Hi

I have had the same symptoms for a few months now...in fact, I think worrying about it is what triggered my panic attacks as I was convinced there must be something seriously wrong.

I've recently seen 2 GPs, a casualty nurse and 2 physios and I think the general opinion is that my problems have been caused by bad posture at my desk over a long period of time.

I had acupunture last week which didn't have an immediate effect but last night had IMS which is similar but the needles are inserted into pressure points and they encourage your muscles to relax....it is still a bit stiff and achy today but it has made a massive difference to the tightness of my muscles....maybe it would be worth a try for you? (It doesn't hurt!)

katies
23-05-06, 13:40
Hi

Yes I suffer with this daily but lately it has been pulling the muscles at the front of my chest too - do you get this ? Anxiety is making me think I have a clot or worse !!!!

Thanks

Katie S x

tt
23-05-06, 15:35
Yes I do. In fact, my last massage appointment she massaged there most. It is almost like I am wearing a football shoulder pads that extend to the neck.

**whenwillthisend**
23-05-06, 16:12
hi some days my whole body aches...ive had tension all over making my muscles sore..i once read that anxiety makes someone feel as though they have just ran a marathon..i can understand that now!!
its strange how thinking that we have something wrong with us actually gives us the symptoms of the horrible disease!!
mines in my chest at min..im thinking clot too..
starting reflexology tomorrow as that is meant to massage pressure points or something ..im willing to try anything now!