PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

magenta_mandy
18-04-04, 11:33
hi my name is mandy, im 40 years old.
i have had anxiety and deppression for 7 years now, iwas on seroxat but my doctor has now put me on lustral and now i have all the anxious feelings coming back.
i really want to beat this i think how dare this illness come into my body and disrupt my life when i was so happy, i have 4 children ages 17 to 5, i was married but we have just seperated as i feel my husband does not understand what im going through.
take care love mandy x

mandy dennis

kate
18-04-04, 13:08
Hiya Mandy,

Welcome to the site.

Have a good look around at all the postings, lots of good info there from fellow sufferers.

Kate x

nomorepanic
18-04-04, 13:16
Hi Mandy

Welcome to the site. I am glad to see that you managed to register ok in the end.

Sorry to hear that you and your husband have separated because of your illness - it must be hard for you on your own.

A lot of us are lucky and have understanding partners but there are an equal amount that don't get the support they deserve and need.

Take a look around and ask any questions you want to ok?

Nicola

Meg
18-04-04, 13:19
Hi Mandy ,

Were your meds changed as they weren't helping you ?

You're quite right, most peole don't understand unless they've experienced it personally or something similar .

What are you doing to help yourself

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We're afraid."
"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We will fall!"
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

me
18-04-04, 21:53
hi mandy ,welcome to the site its wonderful everyone here are fab. sorry to hear you are going through difficult times. have a good look on the site it has such alot of useful infomation. take care love from mary x

magenta_mandy
19-04-04, 15:04
hi meg
the reason why my doctor changed my tablets is that he is a new doctor and he says that he dosnt like to prescibe them and he has had a few people in saying they could not come off them, so he put me on lustral saying that they were easyer to come off.
im not doing that much at the moment to help myself im just living with it but there is an holistic centre in town and i have heard that reiki helps so i will be giving that a bash. i also walk my dogs everyday so that is my exercise!! the thing that is really doing my head in is when i wake in the morning that horrible churning is in my stomach and i can never shift it even with positive thoughts.
take care mandy xx
quote:Originally posted by Radar

Hi Mandy ,

Were your meds changed as they weren't helping you ?

You're quite right, most peole don't understand unless they've experienced it personally or something similar .

What are you doing to help yourself

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"Come to the edge."
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

mandy dennis

Meg
19-04-04, 15:25
Hi Mandy,

You doctor is correct in that Seroxat can be particularly difficult to come off. Did it help , is the Lustral helping ?

Try a good few swigs of tonic or soda water to get good burps going.It won't cure it altogether but will release the gas that you're producing with the churning, which can be uncomfortable. Also eat someting like banana , nuts each hour or two to give tummy something to churn with.

Hope you're on Vit B and off the caffiene..

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"Come to the edge."
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

magenta_mandy
19-04-04, 17:40
hello meg,
thank you for getting back to me,i dont really know if the lustral is working yet as i have only been taking them for two weeks and i dont feel any diffrent only that i have anxiety again.
thank you for the ideas on how to help the churning i will most deffently try that.
im not on vitamin b, will they be ok to take with the lustral?
i only drink cups of tea and they are really weak .
thanking you mandy xx
quote:Originally posted by Radar

Hi Mandy,

You doctor is correct in that Seroxat can be particularly difficult to come off. Did it help , is the Lustral helping ?

Try a good few swigs of tonic or soda water to get good burps going.It won't cure it altogether but will release the gas that you're producing with the churning, which can be uncomfortable. Also eat someting like banana , nuts each hour or two to give tummy something to churn with.

Hope you're on Vit B and off the caffiene..

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"Come to the edge."
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

mandy dennis

magenta_mandy
19-04-04, 17:43
hello kate ,
just a thank you for the welcome.
its nice to know that there are people who care and are going through the same things.
thanks again love mandy x
quote:Originally posted by kate_r

Hiya Mandy,

Welcome to the site.

Have a good look around at all the postings, lots of good info there from fellow sufferers.

Kate x

mandy dennis

magenta_mandy
19-04-04, 17:47
hi nicola,
thanks for welcoming me to the group.
im not to bothered about me and my husband he was more of a hindrance really!!the worry i have is finding somewhere to live, as my husband is in the army the house goes with his job, this makes it 10 times worse when you are suffering.
anyway its nice to know that i can come on this site with fellow sufferers. thanks again mandy xx
quote:Originally posted by nomorepanic

Hi Mandy

Welcome to the site. I am glad to see that you managed to register ok in the end.

Sorry to hear that you and your husband have separated because of your illness - it must be hard for you on your own.

A lot of us are lucky and have understanding partners but there are an equal amount that don't get the support they deserve and need.

Take a look around and ask any questions you want to ok?

Nicola

mandy dennis

magenta_mandy
19-04-04, 17:49
hi mary, thanks for welcoming me to this group.
i havnt had time to check out the site properly yet but i will do.
i hope you are well take care love mandy x
quote:Originally posted by me

hi mandy ,welcome to the site its wonderful everyone here are fab. sorry to hear you are going through difficult times. have a good look on the site it has such alot of useful infomation. take care love from mary x

mandy dennis

april tones
19-04-04, 20:56
hi mandy, i have post natal depression and have had depression and anxiety, so i know what your going through. We all are in same boat and this site is really good, it helps me any way.omega 3 found in oily fish is suppose to help. take care, love april

apriltones

magenta_mandy
19-04-04, 21:15
hi apriltones,
i hope this finds you well, it must be awful having depression when you have had a baby, in a way im lucky as my kids are age 5 to 17 and when i get that low they can look after themselves, i wish you a speedy recovery and thanks for the note.
take care love mandy x
quote:Originally posted by april tones

hi mandy, i have post natal depression and have had depression and anxiety, so i know what your going through. We all are in same boat and this site is really good, it helps me any way.omega 3 found in oily fish is suppose to help. take care, love april

apriltones

mandy dennis

april tones
21-04-04, 15:27
hi mandy. how you feeling today? how are your tablets going now?

apriltones

magenta_mandy
22-04-04, 15:13
hi apriltones,
today im feeling not to bad!! i went for reiki healing yesterday and i done some medittating this morning and i feel relaxed but the worse thing is waiting for the panicking to start.
take care love mandy xx
ps i hope your ok x
quote:Originally posted by april tones

hi mandy. how you feeling today? how are your tablets going now?

apriltones

mandy dennis

twister
22-04-04, 20:00
Hi Mandy

Don't wait for the panic to start - be thankful when it hasn't and aim to stay that way. With a negative mindset you'll never recover.

Good Luck!

Emily

april tones
22-04-04, 20:19
hi mandy, im fine. its my birthday today and im really happy as ive had good day! love april. i used to meditate but not very good doing it my self. Who taught you?

apriltones

sarah
22-04-04, 22:00
Hiya April

Happy Birthday!!![:o)]

Glad you had a good day!!!
What did you do?

love Sarah
xx

magenta_mandy
23-04-04, 12:07
hey happy birthday april tones!!!
im so glad that you feel good keep it up!!
i taught myself to meditate, it is a guided tape that i use and he tells you what to do. im starting in a meditating group on tuesdays, im looking forward to that it also gets me out of the house.
have a great day love mandy xx
take care

mandy dennis

nomorepanic
23-04-04, 14:40
Happy Birthday for yesterday April.

You should have added it to the Birthday list post so we all knew!

Hope you had a great one!

Nicola

april tones
23-04-04, 22:30
hi sarah, mandy and nicola.Thanks for happy bday messages. i had good day, spent it with my son, sister and mom then my fiancee matt when he come home, we got a takeway which was nice, no cooking or washing up. feeling very tired today, how are you all?i didnt know there was bday list, where is it? i looked at the photos yesterday, nice to see who your chatting too, il get matt to do mine as im not to good on computers. hope you all ok, love april

apriltones

me
25-04-04, 18:04
hi mandy, only mary here, how are you? hope your ok and have had a lovely weekend. oh the weekend goes so quick... i think we should work 2 days then the weekend should last 5 days ha ha take care love feom mary

magenta_mandy
25-04-04, 20:05
hi there mary,
it was very nice to hear from you again, i am well and i hope this finds you well. i have been doing some meditation and even went for rikik healing which was lovely mary.
this weekend the weather has been lovely, lets hope it stays this way for a while!!
anyway speak soon take care love mandy xx [quote]Originally posted by me

hi mandy, only mary here, how are you? hope your ok and have had a lovely weekend. oh the weekend goes so quick... i think we should work 2 days then the weekend should last 5 days ha ha take care love feom mary
[/quote

mandy dennis

nomorepanic
25-04-04, 21:31
April - look at this post ....

[Link removed as post deleted]

Look forward to getting the pic April

Nicola

brill
26-04-04, 15:00
Hi mandy.

Sorry I am a bit slow in posting but I just wanted to say hello and welcome.

BRILL

Never give up
Never give in
Life,s to short
Make it last :)
Brill

april tones
26-04-04, 22:23
THANKS FOR THAT LINK , IVE LOOKED AT IT AND ADDED MINE, CHEERS NICOLA

apriltones

me
01-05-04, 10:15
hi mandy x yippee it a bank holiday, do you have any nice plans? hope you do x i think im going to give the meditation ago i need to relax more. whats the rikik like? hope you have a wonderful weekend . take care love from mary x

nomorepanic
01-05-04, 17:12
I was hoping to do some gardening but look at the weather!!!!

At least we get 3 days off yeah?

Yippee!

Nicola

magenta_mandy
02-05-04, 11:22
hi mary and nicola,
the weather is great today here in wiltshire, i have not got anything planned but i will be taking my dogs out for a long walk.
i think you should give the meditation a go mary, i went last tuesday for a group meditation and it was lovely but when i got home i was exhusted so i had a good sleep and felt good, let me know how you get on.
i hope you have fun doing your garden nicola it is a nice day and it will take your mind off things.
anyway both of you take care love mandy xx

hi mandy x yippee it a bank holiday, do you have any nice plans? hope you do x i think im going to give the meditation ago i need to relax more. whats the rikik like? hope you have a wonderful weekend . take care love from mary x

mandy dennis

nomorepanic
02-05-04, 14:41
Mandy

At least it isn't raining so I could get some gardening done and put the plants in then if it rains tomorrow they will get a good watering.

Hope you have a lovely walk with the dogs today.
x

Nicola

me
03-05-04, 09:46
hi mandy thankyou for your messages its lovely to hear from you well im not really with it this morning as i didnt have any sleep last night....yuk. hope you are ok and enjoying your long weekend x im off on holiday tomorrow which is making me so nervous but im trying not to think about it goodness isnt that mad i used to get so excited about holidays but now i worry about them! as soon as i get back im going to have a go at the meditation im really looking forward to it.. thankyou x well i must dash ive got loads to do but i keep avoiding them ha ha hope you have a good week take care love from mary x

magenta_mandy
12-05-04, 10:46
hello mary,
how are you?
i hope you had a lovely holiday and didnt worry to much.
where did you go? i went down to torquay at the weekend and it was lovely, i will be going down again next week.
i went for my meditation again yesterday and it seems to get better each time i go. you get healing at the same time which is good, not a lot of people belive in things like that but i think if it helps you then there is no harm doing it.
anyway take care love mandy xxx

hi mandy thankyou for your messages its lovely to hear from you well im not really with it this morning as i didnt have any sleep last night....yuk. hope you are ok and enjoying your long weekend x im off on holiday tomorrow which is making me so nervous but im trying not to think about it goodness isnt that mad i used to get so excited about holidays but now i worry about them! as soon as i get back im going to have a go at the meditation im really looking forward to it.. thankyou x well i must dash ive got loads to do but i keep avoiding them ha ha hope you have a good week take care love from mary x

mandy dennis

me
21-05-04, 12:43
hi mandy im back from my hols. how are you? hope you are ok x my holiday was ok, i went to tenerif, it was cloudy and cold all the time i was there and i had a few panics but i survived! now getting back in to the swing of life. have you been back to torquay? i bet its lovely there x have you been doing your meditation? hope you have im going to fid a class near me x get in touch soon take care love from mary x

magenta_mandy
25-05-04, 14:16
hi there mary,
im glad you enjoyed your holiday sorry the weather wasnt up to much.
i went back to torquay last weekend it was a nice break and the weather was great.
i went to meditation this morning it does get better each time i go.
i also went to the docs and he has now put me on beta blockers to stop the anxiety in the mornings, i have never been on them so it will be good to see if they work.
anyway take care and talk soon love mandy xx

hi mandy im back from my hols. how are you? hope you are ok x my holiday was ok, i went to tenerif, it was cloudy and cold all the time i was there and i had a few panics but i survived! now getting back in to the swing of life. have you been back to torquay? i bet its lovely there x have you been doing your meditation? hope you have im going to fid a class near me x get in touch soon take care love from mary x

mandy dennis

me
30-05-04, 20:45
hi mandy, hope you are ok x im sorry ive been away this week but ive had horrible tooth ache, oh its bloomin awful, im having the little monster out on wednesday!! im so glad you had a lovely time in torqary, its lovely to have a relaxing break x mandy im on beta blockers i started taking them in march, the doctor gave them when i was panicing loads, i think they do help i hope your getting on ok with them well i must go and put some clove oil on my tooth have a good bank holiday love froim mary x